|Date Posted||June 7, 2022|
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Website and Digital Communications Specialist is responsible for helping to carry out the strategy of the Marketing/Communications Office through the Greenhill website and digital communications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Develop and Maintain the Greenhill Website and Microsites
- Maintain external facing school website, including the timely creation and update of content of interest to various Greenhill constituencies, ensuring consistency between public information and information available only to those within the Greenhill community. Track, analyze, and report on web utilization using Google Analytics and other solutions. Either directly and through the user of third-party vendors, create and manage microsites for ancillary revenue streams, special fundraising initiatives, and other projects as needed to support the Greenhill community.
Manage Cyclical Content Projects
- Manage high-volume annual communication processes including back-to-school, reenrollment/enrollment, and year-end events. Coordinate with stakeholders across campus to gather information and present it effectively via web and email communications.
Manage Mass Email and Texting Systems
- Manage the School’s email marketing system Mailchimp, including sending all institutional communications. Coordinate with Parents’ Association to send weekly newsletters. Ensure that email addresses are synced with the database of record. Assist with sending emails via other systems used by the school, as needed. Coordinate with Technology Office to manage and send texts via the BrightArrow Texting System. Help maintain school communication calendar.
Research and Implement Third-Party Software Platforms
- Research potential third-party software platforms for various special projects and archival purposes. Coordinate work with the Technology Office as needed and appropriate in the proper implementation of said platforms. Manage the platforms to make sure that content is updated and troubleshoot any potential problems.
Serve as Athletics Liaison
- Serve as Sports Information Director with Greenhill Athletics Department. Update website with recent scores, recaps, rosters, historical information, and other releases concerning athletics. Work with local media outlets concerning news from the athletics department. Help coordinate athletics photography and graphics needs.
Support Event Coverage
- Support events on campus as needed by helping to coordinate livestreaming, photography, videography, and news coverage for web and print publications.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required in communications or marketing with a focus in user experience
- 3+ years of work experience required
Specific Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of digital marketing experience, including search engine optimization, email marketing, and content marketing
- Experience with Blackbaud (or other related school management system, e.g., Veracross, Renweb.) Independent school experience setting is a plus.
- Experience with a wide range of software and tools, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office 365, Blackbaud School Management System, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, BrightArrow, Mailchimp, Youtube, Vimeo, Hootsuite, ISSUU, Crisis Manager, Microsoft Forms, JotForms, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Cloud, WordPress. Experience with comparable tools is helpful.
- Experience in working with and managing third party vendors to deliver products.
- Effective time management, strong organizational ability, attention to detail and commitment to task completion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, independent, and flexible
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of constituents
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and across other departments
- Ability to work under pressure and meet prescribed deadlines while handling multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of sensitive information
- Displays organization values of excellence, compassion, courage, and integrity
- A relentless work ethic, positive spirit, and a healthy sense of humor