|Date Posted||June 17, 2019|
Under the direction of the COO, the VP is responsible for providing strategic leadership to build the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact. Through effective partnerships with the operations leaders, the VP will develop and implement marketing and communication strategies that support the growth of the Ys programs, services and membership. Additionally, the VP will ensure that opportunities to strengthen the image of the YMCA in the community are leveraged.
Education & Certifications: Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications or equivalent. YMCA Leadership certification required within three years from date of hire.
Experience & Background: Eight or more years of professional experience in all aspects of communications, marketing, public relations or other related-field in the YMCA or another not-for-profit preferred. Four years minimum of professional experience in a management role. Ability to relate to top community leaders. Demonstrated extensive, successful writing and editing experience with a variety of print and digital media; exceptional oral, interpersonal and presentation skills. Demonstrated experience and leadership in developing and managing innovative, comprehensive, strategic communications to advance an organization’s goals and objectives. Strong relationship builder with a natural ability to influence and craft compelling messages that inspire others to partner with them for maximum impact.
· Make collaboration an organizational priority. Establish a working knowledge of the Association’s programs, services and different communities through building relationships with the team.
· Identify best practices for Association marketing efforts; work with operations to define an integrated marketing strategy that identifies the most effective branding and promotional opportunities.
· Generate buy-in and develop annual marketing goals, objectives and plans for the marketing and communications needs of the Association. Monitor the achievement of the plan; take appropriate action to ensure that the goals and objectives are met, and producing a return on investment.
· Develop, produce and distribute program information necessary to promote assigned programs, in accordance with membership and marketing plans.
· Lead the Association’s work in making data driven decisions related to market trends, growth opportunities and future needs. Interpret data and educate staff to make trends, statistics and reports useful and actionable for the team.
· Serve as the Associations primary contacts with media representatives and write and submit press releases when appropriate. Maintain updated files of YMCA’s media relations (both press and electronic). Partner with leadership team to handle internal and external crisis communications planning, management, training and response.
· Develop, monitor and administer assigned annual budget and maintain a positive fiscal position.
· Develop effective working relationships with service groups, community organizations and companies. Is an advocate for the YMCA.
· Hire, train, evaluate and supervise assigned staff and volunteers. Provide training in marketing and communications. Educate, motivate and provide feedback to individuals related to best practices in marketing and communications.
· Manage and drive vendor relationships related to the YMCA brand.
· Partner with Association leaders to develop strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community.
· Provide marketing and awareness for Association financial development initiatives.
· Strategize and implement, in coordination with Financial Development Department, marketing and communication initiatives supporting campaigns, Annual Meeting, and donor and volunteer communications.
· Provide strategic support to Annual Turkey Trot marketing and communications plan.
· Serve as a resource and participates as a leader of various staff committee and leadership groups.
· Work directly with assigned committees of the board (Example: Marketing Committee) to build volunteer relationships, oversee marketing initiatives and meet the related needs of the board.
· Provide direction and support to assigned staff in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities in achieving strategic and operating plan goals; prepares and manages associated budgets. Current staff structure consists of four staff, two marketing managers and two marketing specialists.
· Provide leadership and consulting support to executives and management on matters of reinforcing strategic positioning of the YMCA brand, membership campaigns, and growing market share in its programs and services. Participates in strategic planning for the organization.
Collaboration - Creates sustainable relationships within the Y and with other organizations in service to the community.
Communication & Influence - Listens and expresses self effectively and in a way that engages, inspires, and builds commitment to the Y’s cause.
Functional Expertise - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Uses best practices, guidelines, and industry standards as a framework to improve performance. Serves with purpose and passion.
Project Management - Ensures program or project goals are met and intended impact occurs. Develops organizational goals and strategic plans, balancing long term direction and short-term requirements.
Change Leadership – Initiates change to improve the Y, meet community needs, and maximize impact. Plans for resistance as part of the change process and develops strategies to help adapt and accept change initiatives.
Fort Worth is the USA’s 13th largest city and home to acclaimed world-class opportunities for business, education, cultural pursuits and affordable living. A moderate climate and ample workforce enhance our central location in the U.S. Access to DFW International Airport and major transportation infrastructure put the world in easy reach. Fort Worth is comprised of a variety of different entertainment districts each offering distinct dining, shopping, entertainment and cultural amenities. You can enjoy a range of experiences: from NASCAR racing to rodeos, world-class museums to cowboy cuisine, boutique shopping to a Top 5 zoo, biking to horseback riding.
To apply please visit our website. www.ymcafw.org/careers