|Date Posted||June 4, 2019|
Editing / Writing
The Office of Communication tells the extraordinary stories of the UNT Health Science Center's educational advances, research-driven health care advancements and clinical-care successes.
We are a team of writers, photographers, designers, developers and marketers. We collaborate to produce creative digital and print work that showcases the amazing things happening on our campus.
The Office of Communications at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Video Producer to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for all facets of the development and production of video projects to support the strategic marketing and communications objectives of UNTHSC.
* Proactively looks for ways video can enhance audience understanding of UNTHSC and reinforce the institutional brand.
* Serves as producer/director responsible for video concept and storyboard, crew selection (if needed) and direction, art direction, audio design, scriptwriting consultation and video editing.
* Performs project direction functions including assessing the scope and complexity of the assignment, coordinating with project team members, meeting with clients to discuss anticipated product outcomes, and ensuring all phases from initial planning to production are completed within established timelines and budgets.
* Plans, directs, shoots and edits video and multi-media productions; oversees crew members (if needed) and technical set-up whether in-studio or on-location; performs duties of location scout, director, audio technician, videographer, or grip as needed to assure production quality.
* Directs and coaches video subjects during filming to elicit best possible content.
* Performs post-production activities, including scene selection, editing, graphics, special effects, music selection and scoring, and media conversion and duplication.
* Manages operational aspects of video function including researching and recommending video production and postproduction equipment and software purchases, maintains equipment records, tracks and accounts for project expenditures as needed supported by appropriate reports.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in video production, broadcast journalism, advertising/design or related field, and four (4) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Previous broadcast news production experience
Please apply online at: https://www.unthscjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=61833
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.