|Location||8111 Westchester Dr|
|Date Posted||May 23, 2021|
This position reports to the Public Relations Supervisor. The Senior Public Relations Specialist position will work to shape the Partnership’s brand externally through traditional and non-traditional media including digital platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Regularly interact with the media, including serving as a spokesperson on both Partnership and project-specific issues.
- Engage in reactive and crisis PR issues that contribute to the perceptions of Energy Transfer and its employees.
- Enhance the Partnership’s environmental, health and safety communications initiatives.
- Develop and execute PR programs to position the Partnership as a good corporate citizen for employees, investors, regulatory agencies and customers.
- Develop and implement strategic internal communications and public relations plans that inform and engage employees on the Partnership.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing Communications required.
- 5 - 8 years of communications experience, including external media relations, crisis communications and social media. Agency experience a plus.
- Excellent writer and communicator – with experience in various communications methodologies.
- Keen eye for strategy.
- A proven record of developing strong collaborative partnerships with senior management and colleagues to drive results.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Execution focus and a strong sense of urgency.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings which may include hazardous materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.