|Location||1409 S. Lamar Street, Suite 1500|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2019|
Citrus is a full-service advertising agency with a team of marketing experts grounded in the customer experience. We create points of differentiation for the brands we partner with through big thinking and fresh ideas. We help our clients with brand transformation, evolution and amplification, creative ideas and execution, strategy and consumer insights, social strategy and content creation, PR and events and can provide strategic media planning and buying.
SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing public relations accounts
- Media outreach experience including securing placement in local, regional and national media outlets and the ability to negotiate contracts with vendors, influencers and the like
- Experience establishing media relationships, as well as the ability to establish rapport with new media contacts and influencers on a local and national level
- Ability to craft pitches, stories and secure editorial placements
- Supervised and coordinated all aspects of events from conception to execution
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills with experience presenting to the media, community and large groups.
Job Summary: The primary responsibilities of the Sr. Communications Specialist are the development and direct execution of strategicpublic relations programs and campaigns, while ensuringintegration with the rest of the agency disciplineson behalf of Citrus’clients. This position will provide support to the account team to ensure flawless execution of all client business. This employee is responsible for all communications, media, community and influencer relations, crisis management and event management.
Client Relationship Management As the Senior Communications Specialist, you are responsible for growing and protecting the Agency’s relationships with its current client base and ensuring the team is engaged in building these relationships.
- Ensure stability and on-going communication with clients by maintaining regular communication and contact by building strong personal and working relationships with client
- Foster a strong partnership between the communications team and the client(s)
- Actively learn and stay informed of client dynamics, overall market dynamics, key players, potential pitfalls and opportunities through networking, staying abreast of news, etc. to provide valuable insights for evaluating opportunities and concerns in clients’ key markets
- Seek key influencers and ensure strong community relationships
Financial Management As Senior Communications Specialist, you are responsible for delivering on the Agency and client financial goals.
- Work withAccount Director and Director of PR to ensure Agency revenue is aligned with scope of services and staffing
- Look for incremental growth through new opportunities
- Control expenses for the Agency as well as for the assigned market budgets
- Plan and reconcile client budget(s) with accuracy and in a timely manner
Analytical and Planning Abilities As the Senior Communications Specialist, you should employ a range of thinking and decision-making approaches – “what if”, “end-in-mind”, “critical”, “trade-off” and “judicious” approaches to issues and initiatives, on a daily basis
- Work with PR and Account Director to developstrategic plans
- Plan, lead and engage the team with the execution of the approved communications plan to achieve or exceed desired goals
- Track desired results and provide consistent business updates,clear and accurate tracking and reporting on allclient initiatives (e.g., influencer campaigns, media programs, competitive)
- Be a resource and partner with other departments within the Agency as well as other partners on the client’s business
- Create and measure processes and systems to ensure adherence to the timelines for the flow of work
Communication Skills As the Senior Communications Specialist, you must be a strong and persuasive communicator capable of teaching others to be effective both in verbal and written communications.
- Responsible for developing and evaluating communication from Agency to client
- Speak and write with a clear, concise point-of-view
- Rigorously provide feedback to communicationsteam on all communications and presentation documents to ensure they are clear, concise and error free as well as informative and inclusive of necessary material
- Encourage and demonstrate the art of storytelling
- Must have the ability to effectively lead conflict resolution
- Ensure team is trained to deliver concise, accurate and actionable accounts of meetings and discussions
- Lead team on how to develop persuasive summary and recommendation documents for presentations to client
- Create documents that are clear, fact-based and error free
Presentation/Selling Skills As the Senior Communications Specialist, you are expected to have the experience to professionally present information and material to the client in an engaging.
- Prepare and present the communications team recommendation/POV to a range of client audiences
- Demonstrate a clear, comfortable, persuasive presentation style for both formal and informal audiences
- Develop a rehearsal schedule for all presentations and adhere to the schedule
- Work closely with account team to ensure consistent look, feel, flow, and information to showcase integration and support across the agency departments
Project Management As the Senior Communications Specialist you must demonstrate the ability to lead a team to manage projects on time and on budget.
- Ensure the flawless execution of all promotions, events, and communications
- Participate in Agency initiatives as requested
- Generate new ideas and provide recommendations on improvement of current Agency/client processes
Agency Processes As the Senior Communications Specialist, you must be a model example of adherence to all Agency processes.
- Prepare thorough, accurate and timely internal communication: event outlines, talking points, to do lists and meet all timelines associated with these tasks
- Prepare thorough, accurate and timely external communications: pre-reads, communications calendars, etc. in line with account service team materials
- Work with account service leads to review monthly billing to monitor projected versus actual costs to minimize losses and/or write-offs
- Review Quarterly client budgets with Account Director to ensure accuracy and timeliness of expenses
- Submit expense reports timely and follow Agency guidelines and policies for reimbursement
Education &/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing, or Communications preferred. 3-5 years’ experience in managing public relations accounts mandatory.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, develop & interpret marketing materials & purchase order requirements. Ability to effectively present information to management, co-workers and clients. Familiarity with AP Style.Ability to fluently read, write and speak English. Spanish speaking and writing experience a bonus.
Applications Required: Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as well as, Cision, Trend Kite, Group Highand Agency presentation systems and equipment.
Citrus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please send resume to email@example.com