|Date Posted||September 20, 2019|
VisitDallas is an independent, not-for-profit organization comprised of professionals serving as the sales and marketing arm for Dallas. Our mission is to promote Dallas as the ideal business and leisure destination to the regional, national, and international marketplace, and to favorably impact the Dallas economy through conventions and tourism.
Our efforts have significantly increased awareness of Dallas locally, nationally, and internationally, and have resulted in Dallas being recognized as one of the top convention destinations in the nation and the number one visitor destination in the state of Texas.
The Special Projects Manager will serve as point person and project manager on various marketing department initiatives, with a primary emphasis on administration of the Margarita Mile and the VisitDallas Magazine. The Special Projects Manager will also be responsible for coordinating production of the Annual Report and large-scale collateral projects.
A. VisitDallas, the magazine
- Serve as primary project lead for VisitDallas, the magazine, published twice a year, under direction of the CMO and Director of Marketing and Communications
- Work with CMO, Director of Marketing and Communications and writer to develop story ideas, hire contributors and produce publication
- Manage photoshoots, providing creative direction to designers and photographers
- Serve as main point of contact with magazine printer and distributor
- Serve as primary proofer of all content and layouts
- Keep all work within the allocated budget
- Coordinate distribution of magazine
B. Margarita Mile
- The Margarita Mile is a team initiative lead by the Marketing and Communications team, and the Special Projects Manager is responsible for leading the project and bringing all team members together to ensure the success of the campaign. Lead regular meetings and share regular updates with the broader VisitDallas team
- The Special Projects Manager will be the point of contact for participating with restaurants and bars and is responsible for cultivating restaurant relationships, restaurant staff training and communication with restaurant managers on Margarita Mile updates and initiatives. Responsible for submitting a monthly and year end “report card” to restaurants detailing Margarita Mile activity at each participating restaurant
- The Special Projects Manager will lead customer service efforts for the Margarita Mile, including mailing of prizes, general inquires, troubleshooting lost prizes and app glitches
- Serve as point of contact with app developer and administrator.
- Look for new and innovative ways to market the Margarita Mile including events, activations and promo items
- Responsible for maintaining branding and reputation management throughout all Margarita Mile initiatives
C. Special Projects
- The Special Projects Manager will serve a project lead on various Marketing and Communications department initiatives as needed. Including, but not limited to, the Annual Meeting and Report, Sales Collateral redesign, the creation of new visitor maps and brochures, etc.
The Special Projects Manager reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- Minimum of 5 years working in the marketing, public relations, journalism or communications field
- Working knowledge of Dallas and venues
- Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and be proactive when dealing with new requests
- Flexibility and attention to detail required
- Excellent organization skills
- Creative thinker
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Project management skills a must
- Knowledge of AP style
- Strong writing and copy editing skills
Status: Exempt, Full-time