|Location||6801 Gaylord Parkway Suite 401, Frisco|
|Date Posted||July 20, 2022|
Under general direction of the CVB Director of Marketing & Communications, the CVB Social Media Coordinator supports social media efforts for the Frisco Convention and Visitor’s Bureau (CVB), including content creation, channel management, tactic execution, and reporting.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions & Other Important Duties
- Assists the Director of Marketing & Communications in the execution of social media plans and tactics that create awareness of Frisco as a top destination for leisure, meetings and conventions, and sports travelers.
- Consults regularly with the Director of Marketing & Communications, agencies, and applicable staff on social media needs in advance of and during the launch of dedicated campaigns and special promotions.
- Manages social media communities on all social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and eventually, TikTok.
- Ensures all communication on social media platforms reflect the CVB brand, with consistent voice and tone.
- Works with Director of Marketing & Communications and agency to define quarterly social media strategies and look for unique opportunities to encourage participation and conversation on social pages.
- Manages the implementation of social media strategies to a shared content calendar.
- Drafts weekly social media editorial calendar, and posts and responds daily with creative and engaging content to all social media channels.
- Sources user-generated content that encourages consumer appreciation for the destination and partners.
- Assists with implementing new assets to social media channels (e.g., Facebook cover photos, profile pictures, Twitter cover photos, etc.) that align with brand guidelines.
- Coordinates online contests and sweepstakes; working with partners to obtain in-kind prizes for distribution.
- Keeps abreast of emerging social media platforms and trends.
- Seeks out opportunities to partner with CVB partners to help curate unique content and experiences on social channels.
- Monitors general social content about CVB, Frisco, and events with potential to impact Frisco tourism and reports to the Director of Marketing & Communication.
- Represents CVB at partner events, including but not limited to press events, partner openings and announcements, and special city events.
- Gathers content including photography and video for social media channels.
- Gathers results to create social media reports.
Other Important Duties
- Travels to attend tradeshows, meetings, conferences, and trainings.
- May be required to attend special events and meetings during evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Proficient using social media programs, such as Crowdriff, Klear, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Tailwind, and/or CoSchedule.
- Proficient in managing social media channels.
- Basic photo and video editing skills is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understands writing to different target audiences and keeping voice and tone consistent with CVB brand.
- Skills in social media and communicating with a wide variety of people.
- Skills in organizing workflow and managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work under deadlines and stressful situations.
- Ability to define and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
Education, Experience, and Certifications/Licenses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field and one (1) to two (2) years related social media, communications, or content creation experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest social media platforms required; TikTok experience preferred.
- AP-style writing experience and strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- CRM or Simpleview experience preferred.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, and MVR check.
- Must possess a valid State of Texas Driver’s License.
Environmental Factors & Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work is performed in an office setting, off site, and at special events.
- May be subject to extended periods of standing, bending, reaching, kneeling, and lifting such as setting up for meetings and events, transporting audiovisual equipment, or materials and supplies.
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions during special events, media briefings, or public emergencies.
- Crouching – bending body forward by bending leg, spine.
- Fingering – picking, pinching, typing, working with fingers rather than hand.
- Hearing 1 – perceiving sounds at normal speaking levels, receive information.
- Kneeling – bending legs at knee to come to rest at knees.
- Lifting – raising objects from lower to higher position, moving objects side to side, using upper extremities, back.
- Mental Acuity – ability to make rational decisions through sound logic, deductive reasoning.
- Reaching – extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Repetitive Motion – substantial movements of wrists, hands, fingers.
- Speaking – expressing ideas with spoken word, convey detailed, important instructions accurately, concisely.
- Stooping – bending body downward, forward at waist, with full motion of lower extremities and back.
- Talking 1- expressing ideas by spoken word.
- Visual Acuity 1 - prepare, analyze data, transcribing, computer terminal, extensive reading.
- Walking - on foot to accomplish tasks, long distances, or site to site.
- Work performed is primarily light work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to move objects.
Equipment and Tools Utilized
- Equipment utilized includes personal computer, copier, calculator, cell phone, camera, and video equipment, and department vehicles.
TO APPLY: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/friscotexas/jobs/3643084/cvb-social-media-coordinator?keywords=cvb&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs