|Location||Austin and/or Houston|
|Date Posted||April 16, 2021|
Position: Senior Vice President / Vice President
Location: Austin and/or Houston
Salary: Base plus multi-tiered incentive program, commensurate with experience
Pierpont Communications, Inc. is an award-winning independent, strategic communications advisory services company specializing in PR, public affairs, crisis & issues management, and digital marketing. Pierpont designs and implements results-driven approaches to support clients in elevating their brands, safeguarding their reputation and improving business performance.
We seek a senior-level communications professional to lead, shape and grow our client engagements around Texas and U.S.
The candidate will have a hand in shaping the direction of the agency as part of the senior management team, while providing leadership and strategic guidance to our clients and high performing teams. Pierpont seeks an entrepreneurial individual with proven leadership and business acumen. This individual will have the responsibility to demonstrate client service value, expand relationships and apply business development best practices as part of our senior team.
The successful candidate must be able to manage a team, set integrated PR plans, develop, manage and execute strategies and tactics, manage budgets and engage and motivate highly qualified teams. She/he will make an immediate impact by managing client relationships and execution for existing client relationships.
In addition to a competitive base salary, additional compensation will be provided via a structured bonus, commission and annual profit sharing program.
The agency has an established reputation spanning 34-years with deep expertise in retail and B2B verticals including energy/energy transition, healthcare, technology, financial services and education for clients ranging from non-profits and startups to Fortune 500 companies. With offices in Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio we are one of the largest agencies in the Southwest. The candidate will join a firm that has strong YOY growth and continues to expand capabilities and client pedigree.
We prioritize continuing education in our Learning & Development speaker series program with quarterly firm-wide, half-day training sessions, and professional development by supporting local chapters of PRSA, IABC and AMA to name a few. Pierpont’s has been named a Best Places to Work by the AM City Business Journals a total of 13 times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage senior level client relationships and have regular exposure to client senior management
- Create, lead, manage and execute client strategies and tactics
- Mentor and lead professional staff, including conducting employee reviews and identifying new hires
- Proven business development skills
- Extensive experience writing high-level strategic proposals, integrated marketing and/or public relations plans and the ability to sell those plans through to C-level
- Experienced in media relations, communications campaigns, crisis management
- Established record of accomplishing successful results for clients
- Excellent client and account service record
- Experience interacting with C-Level clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or other related fields. Business courses a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .