|Date Posted||November 17, 2022|
Apply Online: https://txwes.peopleadmin.com/postings/4954
Position Summary: The Senior Marketing Manager works with the Director of Marketing Operations and Strategy to plan, implement and develop integrated, responsive, data-driven marketing strategies. Works closely with the Senior Brand Manager and Senior Content Manager to plan and implement the delivery of content through all marketing channels that will reinforce awareness and perception of the institutional brand, meet student enrollment goals, and share the University’s story with all constituents. Ensures that all communications are optimized for key conversions and follow the rules of grammar, visual design, and quality assurance.
This is a hybrid position. Schedule established with the supervisor.
Texas Wesleyan University – who are we?
Are you looking for a career that not only changes the lives of individuals but that uplifts the community and has a lasting effect for generations to come? At Texas Wesleyan University we do just that. As a designated Hispanic serving higher education institution, we serve a diverse population. Many of our students are the first in their family to receive a degree, something that is proven to change the trajectory of their family for generations. Focusing our attention on small classes with one-on-one mentorship, TXWES is committed to giving our students the attention they need to persist to graduation and succeed in their career.
Why Consider Us?
- Flexibility: This hybrid position allows you the flexibility to integrate working from home with an office environment.
- Work-life Balance: The University closes for winter break, Thanksgiving break, spring break and summer Fridays, along with most major holidays, allowing faculty and staff the time to bring a healthy work-life balance to their career.
- Tuition Waiver: Full-time employees, their spouses and dependents are eligible for tuition waivers that can be applied to many of our programs.
- Award-winning Team: Texas Wesleyan’s marketing team works like an in-house advertising agency. We develop everything from television commercials, radio ads and billboards to TikTok and Snapchat ads with our expert team. We’re a tightknit team with a record for success.
- Development: Without cutting-edge marketing skills, we would not produce the award-winning campaigns we’re known for. That is why we put an emphasis on your development as a marketing expert.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Director of Marketing Operations and Strategy to implement integrated marketing strategies and develop long-term processes and procedures to keep the structure organized and up to date.
- Uses data to identify and deliver targeted, responsive marketing strategies that are customized across multiple channels, working closely with the Senior Brand Manager and Senior Content Manager to plan and implement the delivery of content that tells the University’s story.
- Uses campaign analytics, from both digital advertising platforms and internal databases, to create structured reporting showing campaign results across all channels of media such as email, SEO, website, UTM, and digital marketing.
- Works in a customer relationship management system to build forms, write and set up communication tracks, develop event communications, establish a timeline of content and monitor the effectiveness of communications.
- Uses HTML, liquid markup, and email design expertise to design and optimize email communication.
- Serves as the project manager of the university’s artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot, coordinating with campus departments to ensure the chatbot database is up-to-date and reflective of the university brand standards.
- Regularly reviews and implements strategies to improve the performance of the chatbot.
- Maintains current and accurate marketing information on the website and third-party profiles such as Big Futures, Niche, Intersect, Scoir, and CollegeXpress.
- Develops workflows to update information as needed and integrates website content with marketing promotions.
- Supports creative copywriting efforts of the office including website content, commercials, email, direct mail, and digital marketing that focus on key conversions and enforce brand identity.
- Monitors, edits, and corrects content for customer communications within editorial style guidelines and follows rules of grammar.
- Holds training sessions for peers on copywriting, and CRM functionality, including email design, targeting creation, and report building.
- Will also create and implement training across campus for AI functionality and use.
Education, Certifications and/or Licenses:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with major coursework in communications, marketing, information technology, or a related field is required.
- Preferred – Successful completion of the Google Analytics certification.
- Preferred – Successful completion of the Google Adwords certification.
- At least 5 years of experience in marketing, with demonstrated email, direct mail and website-integrated campaign experience.
- Demonstrated experience with content management systems.
- Experience with writing for the web and editing for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Experience executing integrated email, website, and PPC conversion-based marketing campaigns.
- Experience translating brand strategies into engaging and meaningful copy.
- Experience writing for multiple print and digital channels, including postcards, video, website pages, landing pages, website blog/news sections, display ads, text ads, social media, interactive applications, widgets, emails, banner ads, search engine optimization, user interfaces, and presentation collateral.
- Experience as part of interdisciplinary teams, including developers, visual designers, and writers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Email and direct mail guidelines and best practices, with emphasis on researching and staying up to date on trends.
- Content management systems and customer relationship management systems are highly preferred.
- Proven strength contributing to the creative process and providing strategic solutions.
- Advanced copywriting knowledge, including the ability to meet deadlines, strong attention to detail, and web writing experience with measurable results.
- Strong understanding of website technology, social and email marketing including HTML, SEO, SEM, and social media platforms.
- Able to collaborate with marketing teams, creative teams, and clients.
- Experience in managing a workload including multiple projects and production schedules required.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to consistently meet deadlines while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines while working on multiple tasks.
- Ability to explain technical aspects of systems to those who have limited technical knowledge.
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment.
- Ability to measure, test, and analyze competitor efforts to determine advantageous marketing campaign strategies.
- Ability to follow internal branding and style guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with team members.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive client relationships.
- Must have expert-written, verbal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Discretion in handling confidential matters, while complying with FERPA regulations.
- Ability to follow University and departmental procedures and policies.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to complete all physical tasks daily as needed.