|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job:
The Senior Issues and Crisis Communications Advisor is responsible for driving the crisis communications strategy and response process at TI while also promoting and protecting the company’s reputation as part of the Corporate Communications team. You will ensure TI’s corporate story and message is clear and consistent across various audiences and will evolve, grow and maintain TI's crisis communications playbooks and processes. A successful candidate must demonstrate experienced critical thinking and an ability to effectively collaborate across teams and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Drive TI’s issues and crisis communications processes and strategy: lead day-to-day management of issues triage and response, including overseeing team coordination and execution.
- Optimize TI’s crisis communications processes and playbooks; train communicators, executives and other stakeholders on their role in the event of an issue or crisis.
- Draft proactive and reactive messaging, statements, and content for various audiences, both internal and external, on short deadlines.
- Counsel leaders and functional experts on recommended approach for responding to issues.
- Craft vulnerability assessments and scenario planning on how and when to respond to a crisis or issue.
- Deliver innovative external communications strategies that build and protect TI’s brand and reputation.
- Assess the media landscape, analyzing news for trends that would influence TI and proactively provide recommendations.
- Respond to intermittent or unexpected issues as they occur.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, and/or related field
- 5+ years of experience managing issues or crisis communications responses in an agency or in-house role
- Prior experience working with media and managing agency partners
- Experience working globally and with colleagues in multiple locations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- A high degree of initiative and the ability to manage multiple tasks, work calmly and confidently under pressure and meet deadlines as required
- High level of professionalism and discretion in handling confidential information
- Ability to partner effectively with people at multiple levels of an organization with confidence
- Excellent communication and execution skills, heightened attention to detail
- Must be flexible in dealing with changing priorities
- Solid organizational and leadership skills
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.