|Date Posted||January 6, 2020|
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
We are looking for an energized leader to manage communications activities supporting our HR function. We want a seasoned communicator who understands the nuances of a complex and industrial business, and can plan, create and execute communications that support our culture and advance important HR initiatives.
If you’re not frightened by a fast pace and a high bar for excellence, show us what you can do. The successful candidate will have a strong record of developing comprehensive communications strategies that engage and inspire internal audiences.
- Provide strategic counsel and guidance to HR and Chief Human Resources Officer on HR’s communication activities in support of corporate and departmental objectives
- Define overall HR communication needs and processes, develop detailed communication plans, and lead execution of plans
- Develop communications that support, enable and help drive our people-first culture
- Attend and engage in leadership meetings, including officer and senior leadership meetings
- Maintain a positive, collaborative attitude inside and outside of the communications department
- Develop and maintain good rapport with associates at every level of the organization, including senior leaders, team members, etc.
- Meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining strong levels of customer satisfaction
- Proactively and continuously focus on process and quality improvement
- Must be results-oriented with the proven ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Must exercise sound business judgment and handle confidential information with sensitivity
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion
- Excellent communication and business partnership skills
- Previous experience leading and managing strategic and/or complex communication plans
- Excellent writing and editing skills required, as well as a solid understanding of how to write in AP style
- Excellent problem-solving, and a keen attention to detail and accuracy, even while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in an international and/or global work environment is preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook and SharePoint
- 7+ years of Corporate Communications, Marketing or Public Relations agency experience
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism or related field