SENIOR EDITOR/WRITER – Richardson
|Date Posted||April 30, 2023|
Halff is looking for an experienced editing and writing professional to fulfill internal and external communications initiatives. Reporting to the internal communications manager, the senior editor/writer will engage in company-wide editorial projects designed to promote work culture, inform employees about company initiatives and happenings, keep employees connected and increase brand awareness. Contributions to client-facing website content, brochures and award submittals are other essential tasks for this role. The ideal candidate will have a passion for editing, writing, proofing and company culture.
- Edit, write and organize content needed to create new internal deliverables, ensuring clarity, quality and consistency. Managing a light workflow of projects is also required.
- Write and edit internal features and articles for the firm’s intranet and newsletter.
- Edit presentations.
- Assist with production of larger internal publications such as our annual report and career path handbook.
- Work with subject-matter experts to occasionally write external thought leadership articles for Halff.com.
- Collaborate cooperatively with other departments and Halff’s Leadership Team to create company-wide communications.
- Review collateral for print and digital media including press releases, brochures, newsletters, announcements and award submittals.
- Accept copyediting and other assignments as they come.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field
- 7+ years of related experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive and energetic team player
- Working knowledge of the AP Stylebook and adaptation of an internal style guide
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with diplomacy at all levels of the business
- Proven ability to excel under tight deadlines and perform multiple tasks concurrently
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Suite knowledge is a plus
- General knowledge of A/E services and previous work with similar firm is a plus
- Self-starter with sound judgment and high energy who can work with limited to moderate direct supervision
Halff is a mid-sized, employee-owned, diverse and multi-disciplined professional services firm. For more than 70 years, Halff has provided smarter solutions throughout the United States offering services in Architecture, Construction Services, Energy, Environmental, Geographic Information Systems, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Land and Site Development, Planning and Landscape Architecture, MEP Engineering, Public Works, Right of Way, Structural Engineering, Subsurface Utility Engineering/Utility Coordination, Surveying, Transportation, Water Resources and Water/Wastewater.
Halff has offices in the following locations:
Arkansas: Bentonville, Fort Smith, Little Rock and North Little Rock
Florida: Chipley, Jacksonville, Miramar Beach, Panama City Beach, Tallahassee, Tampa and Tavares
Louisiana: Baton Rouge and Shreveport
Oklahoma: Oklahoma City
Texas: Austin, Brownsville, Conroe, Corpus Christi, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Frisco, Houston, Midland, McAllen, Richardson, San Antonio and Tyler
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, prescription, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, paid time off and holiday pay, Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Health Savings Account, 529 College Savings Plan, Flexible Spending, an Employee Assistance Plan and more.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Halff is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Halff is a drug-free workplace. This offer of employment is contingent upon the receipt of a clear drug screen and background check prior to your first day of employment. This position may be subject to random drug testing pursuant to federal regulations.