|Date Posted||May 3, 2019|
We are seeking a talented individual to lead the integrated marketing function, ensuring marketing activities are effectively supporting business goals and facilitating the organization’s strategic objectives, with a particular emphasis on growth initiatives.
This requires a deep understanding of HMS strategy and short- and long-term goals, as well as knowledge of HMS customers, markets, products and operations. This individual will be a business partner to internal stakeholders and facilitate development of strategies, plans and management of project execution.
- Drafts annual marketing plan based on Company priorities, growth and brand initiatives, marketing trends, data sets and associated insights. Ensures execution of the plan and updates according to shifts in Company priorities.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (e.g., Sales, Operations, Strategy, HR, etc.) to execute on complex campaigns and ensure consistent brand messages across all channels. Works with senior leadership to prioritize items, address barriers, determine plan and make cross-campaign decisions. Leads collection of and shares complex information (e.g., gathering and annotating product with the right info and intent) with key stakeholders and influencers.
- Creative Brief Development: Develops creative briefs for a large, complex initiative/campaign (e.g., competitive messaging). Drafts direction and key messages to promote the desired behaviors (e.g. driving customers to additional channels or products). Reviews target audience, objectives, budget and timeline for all initiatives. Reviews and edits creative considerations (media, materials, tone).
- Leads Content Development projects
- Develops content strategies, positioning, execution and distribution
Writes content and develops storyboards for whitepapers, case studies, videos, podcasts, conference presentations, website and other thought leadership and brand initiatives
- Manages all aspects of a large, complex initiatives and campaigns. Identifies targeted customer segments and recommends steps to enhance sales and net profits for those segments. Develops plan for all communications (e.g., email, mobile, mail and social media) to ensure a consistent customer experience and brand alignment. Provides guidance and input to ensure maintenance of brand positioning and that messaging is in alignment with the brand. Leads the development of enduring brand messages for a complex campaign or product, resulting in increased sales, brand loyalty and reputable customer experience.
- Tests new concepts and leverages customer insights and analytics to provide input into new marketing or service strategies. Facilitates and reviews customer and competitor insight data and makes recommendations on new/additional target audience segments and marketing channel priorities. Develops Go to market plans for targeted items based on customer insights, competitor and other new information. Continuously adjusts strategy and plans based on campaign ROI, real-time trends and other insights.
Performs other functions as assigned
Qualifications : Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong capabilities and expertise in content marketing development including positioning, writing and storyboarding
- Knowledge of marketing systems including Hub Spot, Salesforce, content experience hubs and project management platforms
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: highly skilled at influencing complex stakeholders through strong relationships, expertise and data
- Proven leadership skills; able to build and lead teams
- Strong financial acumen, analytical and problem solving skills; informs recommendations based on benchmark, data and research
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to produce and deliver executive level presentations; strong executive presence; ability to read audiences and adapt style and deliver information accordingly
- Ability to effectively partner and deliver results in a matrix environment
- Strong collaboration, cross-functional partnership, project management, and program coordination skills
- Ability to lead diverse teams through exercises that will lead to change and organizational transformation
- Ability to manage multiple projects with challenging deadlines
Work Conditions and Physical Demands
- Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
- Ability to communicate and exchange information
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data
- Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
- Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
- May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
- May be required to travel at least 15% of time based on business needs
The knowledge typically acquired during the course of attaining a Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or finance is required. A combination of education and experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
Minimum Related Work Experience
5+ years in a marketing leadership role at a Director or VP level
3+ years’ experience in brand development, product marketing and external communications
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EOE including disability/veteran
Apply for this position online at hms.com/careers, click on the "search and apply now" button and type in Job Number 1900105E.