|Location||1341 Conant Street, Dallas|
|Date Posted||April 6, 2021|
The Power Group is seeking a team player with a passion for media and influencer relations to join our PR team as a Senior Account Executive.
This person loves the “agency” life and enjoys working on a variety of accounts across different industries at once. You move quickly and accurately. Typos give you heartburn. You want to be on a winning team and have high expectations of yourself and others. You are serious when needed, but can also tell a good joke and will be a strong addition to our team’s culture. You will be accountable for error-free execution as well as timely and accurate correspondence with clients and media.
- Create and present strategic client PR plans
- Edit and oversee the development of written materials produced by account team (Account Executives and Account Coordinators) including: client status meeting agendas and recaps, press releases and media alerts, media statements, PR plans, press kits, executive communications, website copy, interview prep sheets, etc.
- Attend and lead status calls with clients
- Provide guidance to lower level account team on execution of media relations strategies and tactics. This includes but is not limited to: pitch development, media list targeting, and relationship building with media, etc.
- Participates with agency leadership team in the planning, creating and presenting of new business proposals. Specifically works with Director of Sales & Marketing to brainstorm services and strategy for prospects as well as occasionally attends sales presentations
- Create strategic media and influencer pitches that will generate client coverage
- Correspondence and coordination with media and influencers on behalf of clients
- Build strong relationships with local and national media
- Plan and execute client events
- Oversee media training along with crisis preparation and response programs for clients
- Conduct internals with Account Executives and is responsible for reporting issues to leadership and overseeing individual growth
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to operate Cision or other media database tools
- Ability to conduct research and create tailored media and influencer lists
- Experience creating client coverage reports
- Holds a deep understanding of the needs of media and how to communicate with media; also possesses a strong social and digital understanding.
- Ability to successfully manage a team and report client issues to leadership as needed
- Strong people skills; ability to interact with a wide range of personalities
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
- Be in the know with current events, important news updates and trends in the marketing, public relations, social/digital media, and business realms
- A self-starter personality who is energetic, enthusiastic, persistent, creative and motivated to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience with media and influencer relations and client service
- 1-2 years of supervisory or management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism
- Strong relationships with specific local and national reporters is a plus
Please contact Jennifer Powell (firstname.lastname@example.org) to apply.