|Location||2205 Highway 121 South, Bedford, Texas|
|Date Posted||November 9, 2020|
Please apply directly through our site by visiting www.carterbloodcare.org and selecting our "Careers" tab. You can also visit the "Careers" page directly by following this link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs?clientkey=24BA8E74AC6AB442018CAD41B75AE0F7
The Public Relations Specialist (PR Specialist) is responsible for producing professional communications content that is engaging, informative, strategic and accurately presented, about Carter BloodCare, the blood banking industry, and the ways in which the organization is achieving its goals and living into its mission.
The position is responsible for producing news releases and developing content to influence a positive public image of Carter BloodCare. The position navigates communication challenges with a focus on building awareness about the importance of donating blood and hosting blood drives, and motivating people to do it.
The position coordinates special events for blood donors and other events on behalf of the organization.
Regular full-time attendance is required during office hours. Normal 40-hour week with daytime hours; some event and project assignments on weekends and evenings, mostly seasonal. Rotates ‘on call’ duties.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university required
- Degree in public relations, communications, journalism, radio/TV/film or similar, required
- Minimum of two to four years of public relations experience, with an emphasis on AP Style writing, editing, and proofreading required
- Media relations, community outreach and special event planning experience
- A working knowledge of digital media strategy desired
- WordPress or similar blog/web page development experience a plus
- Photo editing experience also a plus
- Nonprofit fundraising event, banquet, and conference planning experience helpful
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Previous professional writing experience required. Writing genres include, but are not limited to, news releases, media pitches, talking points, email communication, blogs, presentations, memos, social media posts (as support to marketing team); marketing communication, web content and event program scripts.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws applicable to copyright material and other attributions, media engagement, Freedom of Information Act, and privacy laws.
- Possesses the ability to strategically embed messaging in a variety of internal and external communication outlets to build the organization’s image and reputation.
- Pays attention to detail with a high level of accuracy, including but not limited to facts, grammar, punctuation, spelling and appropriate use of language.
- Ability to discern news and its potential impact on the organization and brand; ability to successfully pitch newsworthy stories to media.
- Inquisitive; asks the right questions to glean appropriate information for projects or to develop stories.
- Ability to assimilate complex information and produce clear, concise, and compelling content.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidences.
- Demonstrated ability to work on several highly detailed projects simultaneously with impeccable organizing skills.
- Ability to forge new relationships within the organization at all levels; and with media, community.
- Ability to negotiate with, and maintain good working relationships with, vendors/exhibitors/service providers as required for events.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prefer prior experience with a media distribution, monitoring and measurement software product.
Carter BloodCare is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Carter BloodCare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an employee’s or applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic, and veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Carter BloodCare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Carter BloodCare is a Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.