|Location||1341 Conant St., Dallas|
|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
The Power Group is seeking a team player with a passion for media and influencer relations to join our PR team as a Senior Account Executive.
This person loves the “agency” life and enjoys working on a variety of accounts across different industries at once. Strategy is critical and you feel comfortable making recommendations to your clients. You move quickly and accurately. Typos give you heartburn. You want to be on a winning team and have high expectations of yourself and others. You are serious when needed, but can also tell a good joke and will be a strong addition to our team’s culture. You will be accountable for error-free execution as well as timely and accurate correspondence with clients and media.
- Create and present strategic client PR plans
- Edit and oversee the development of written materials produced by account team (Account Executives and Account Coordinators) including: client status meeting agendas and recaps, press releases and media alerts, media statements, PR plans, press kits, executive communications, website copy, interview prep sheets, etc.
- Attend and lead status calls with clients
- Provide guidance to lower level account team on execution of media relations strategies and tactics. This includes but is not limited to: pitch development, media list targeting, and relationship building with media, etc.
- Participates with agency leadership team in the planning, creating and presenting of new business proposals. Specifically works with Director of Sales & Marketing to brainstorm services and strategy for prospects as well as occasionally attends sales presentations
- Create strategic media and influencer pitches that will generate client coverage
- Correspondence and coordination with media and influencers on behalf of clients
- Build strong relationships with local and national media
- Plan and execute client events
- Oversee media training along with crisis preparation and response programs for clients
- Conduct internals with Account Executives and is responsible for reporting issues to leadership and overseeing individual growth
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to operate Cision or other media database tools
- Ability to conduct research and create tailored media and influencer lists
- Experience creating client coverage reports
- Holds a deep understanding of the needs of media and how to communicate with media; also possesses a strong social and digital understanding.
- Ability to successfully manage a team and report client issues to leadership as needed
- Strong people skills; ability to interact with a wide range of personalities
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
- Be in the know with current events, important news updates and trends in the marketing, public relations, social/digital media, and business realms
- A self-starter personality who is energetic, enthusiastic, persistent, creative and motivated to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- A minimum of 4-6 years of professional experience with media and influencer relations and client service
- 1-2 years of supervisory or management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism
- Strong relationships with specific local and national reporters is a plus