|Date Posted||October 31, 2019|
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers: we’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators, and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
Apply online at https://gensler.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/genslercareers/job/Dallas-TX-US/Public-Relations-Manager_R-2028
Gensler seeks a proven storyteller to lead our Dallas Public Relations strategy and implementation. The ideal candidate has a passion for design and is a self-starter who can bring creative thinking and a collaborative approach to the role. The PR Manager works with office and regional leaders to gain an understanding of projects and stories, identify PR opportunities, and collaborate with design professionals and marketing to support strategic objectives for the offices and practice areas across all communication platforms. The Dallas PR Manager will join a dynamic group of PR professionals across the South Central Region.
What You Will Do
- Identify story angles and appropriate journalists/publications to engage, collaborating with the Dallas Managing Directors
- Creating and updating the Dallas office’s PR Plan
- Writing press materials (design backgrounders, press releases, pitches, case stories, fact sheets, talking points, messaging)
- Developing and/or gathering pertinent project materials (case stories, renderings, photography) for pitching needs
- Clear and constant communication with office, regional, and firmwide leadership
- Knows firm portfolio in detail, understands practice area capabilities, actively seeks out firm's best practices for use in office PA efforts
- Leads strategy meetings with marketers, BD champions, and design teams
- Seeks out and implements process and content improvements; coaches peers on new ideas
- Working with office leadership on the development of blog posts and bylines
- Planning and executing office events, media events or trade events
- Maintain media lists
- Assist with photo shoots
- Track, clip and measure PR hits
- Assisting the Dallas Managing Directors with special projects as needed
- Vet in-bound media requests
- Monitor editorial calendars of relevant publications and oversee the development of PR calendars
- Develop contacts within business, financial and specialist trade press and identified development business markets to extend and increase profile
- Act as first point-of-contact with the press
- Maintain and build on relationship with current press contacts
- Research, write and distribute press releases and other copy such as story summaries and feature articles
- Advise teams on imagery needed (drawn, rendered, photographic, process diagram, etc.) for illustrating Gensler stories
- Proactively target key annual speaking opportunities with industry associations, architecture and design organizations, and beyond
- Help position key Gensler staff as “industry experts” for use by media and in speaking opportunities
- Coordinate on-site interviews and meetings between reporters and key Gensler spokespeople
- Brief key Gensler spokespeople prior to speaking engagements, provide appropriate follow-up afterwards
- Assisting with creation of presentations and messaging
Awards / Rankings / Surveys
- Oversee Award strategy and submissions in partnership with marketing team
- Approval and editing of award content and narratives; management of expectations of design staff and overall award workload
- Targeting major awards for leadership (AIA Fellowship, Designer of Distinction, Fast Company Most Creative List)
- Positioning for rankings (40 Under 40 lists, top women in business lists, etc.)
- Firm rankings and surveys (Crain’s Top Architecture Firms, ENR NY Top Architecture Firms, etc.)
- Create content and manage Gensler Dallas Instagram channel
- Create reports to iterate brand influence of Dallas’ social media channels to demonstrate platform growth, ROI and authority
- Optimizing leadership’s social media channels (LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.)
- Proactive: Ability to lead PR strategy, project timelines, quick turnarounds, and multiple projects simultaneously
- Presentation: Polished professionalism with a comfort level interacting with high-level executives
- Communication: Strong writing, editing, grammar, and interpersonal skills
- Organizational: Ability to re-work and edit a document under pressing deadlines
- Attitude: Proactive, energetic attitude and desire to work in a results-oriented environment. Ability to manage multiple relationships and deadlines at the same time. A team player who is tenacious, resourceful, relentlessly positive, and flexible, with a “do whatever it takes” attitude
- Writing: Ability to craft, prepare, and execute writing assignments (pitches, project narratives, blog posts, bylines)
- Teamwork: Works well as a member of a team, pitches in to help out others, forward-thinking go-getter; ability to adapt in dynamic settings
- Client/Customer Service: Understanding of public relations as a service to the office
- Experience: At least 8-10 years of public relations experience; background in architecture, design and journalism is very desirable
- Software: Microsoft Office and Adobe suite, specifically InDesign. Working knowledge of Cision a plus.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401(k), profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us at email@example.com. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.