|Location||2801 North Central Expressway, Suite 100, Dallas, Texas 75204|
|Date Posted||November 25, 2019|
Richards Partners, the public relations arm of The Richards Group, is seeking an experienced and self-motivated strategic thinker with a focus on developing and executing national and industry-specific media relations outreach and PR programs. This professional will support multiple clients ranging from national household name brands to Silicon Valley-funded startups.
Candidates should be skilled in a wide range of communication strategies, demonstrate proficiency and proven results in securing earned media coverage, and have exceptional writing skills. Job responsibilities may also include thought-leadership positioning, corporate communications, executive visibility, and community relations programs. The ideal candidate will have two to four years of agency, client-side, or publicist experience. Previous experience with technology, financial services, and/or startup brands is preferred.
- Develop earned-media outreach plans backed by industry and competitive research; recommend potential pitch angles; and draft media outreach materials such as pitch letters, press releases, talking points, and backgrounders
- Identify appropriate contacts and conduct proactive outreach to journalists and influencers, conduct regular follow-up to build relationships with members of the media, track outreach and regularly report on progress and responses
- Coordinate logistics for interviews; manage contact between media outlets and client contacts
- Manage media coverage tracking and valuation report for clients, following format and cadence requested by client or team leader
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, establishing status reports, recap reports, and agendas for all internal and client meetings
- Two to four years of agency or client-side experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications-related field preferred
- Able to work under tight timelines and juggle multiple responsibilities or clients in different categories or industries
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and passion for the client’s business
- Show an interest in current events and media relations
- Prior experience in media outreach on behalf of technology- or financial services-related brand preferred