|Date Posted||July 9, 2019|
Job Purpose or Objective(s): The Public Relations Director will promote the Choctaw Nation’s government and tribal services to internal and external audiences in support of the organization’s communications strategy and objectives. The role will engage in media relations, community relations, employee relations, event planning, and crisis management for the specialized needs of government and tribal services.
- Identify and build relationships with industry media professionals at the local, state, and national level. Attend events and build relationships on behalf of the Choctaw Nation.
- Implement strategic public relations plans to promote the Choctaw Nation and its overall goals and objectives in a proactive fashion.
- Track and measure performance of PR programs against well-defined key performance indicators. Provide reporting and metrics to measure success.
- Anticipate, identify, and maintain the integrity and reputation of the Choctaw Nation among media, influencers, tribal members, customers and guests.
- Serve as an accessible, accurate and trusted media relations specialist and advisor to Choctaw Nation directors and associates.
- Write pitches, develop strategic contacts in traditional and non-traditional media, facilitate property visits, and assist with public events.
- Seek out influencers that fit our brand identity and foster collaboration within the business and market.
- Monitor media awareness and engagement throughout all channels.
- Produce high quality content including blogs, data and survey reports, press releases, case studies, media articles and bylines.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.