|Date Posted||September 2, 2021|
Job Purpose or Objective(s): The Public Relations Director will promote the organization and all its business entities to internal and external audiences in support of the organization’s communications strategy and objectives. The role will engage in media relations, community relations, employee relations, event planning, and crisis management for the specialized needs of all commerce businesses.
- Identify and build relationships with industry media professionals at the local, state, and national level. Attend events and build relationships on behalf of the Choctaw Nation.
- Implement strategic public relations plans to promote the Choctaw Nation and its overall goals and objectives in a proactive fashion.
- Track and measure performance of PR programs against well-defined key performance indicators. Provide reporting and metrics to measure success.
- Anticipate, identify, and maintain the integrity and reputation of the Choctaw Nation among media, influencers, tribal members, customers and guests.
- Serve as an accessible, accurate and trusted media relations specialist and advisor to Choctaw Nation directors and associates.
- Write pitches, develop strategic contacts in traditional and non-traditional media, facilitate property visits, and assist with public events; Produce high quality content including blogs, data and survey reports, press releases, case studies, media articles and bylines.
- Seek out influencers that fit our brand identity and foster collaboration within the business and market.
- Monitor media awareness and engagement throughout all channels; Oversee Choctaw Nation government and tribal services social media channels
- Manage government and tribal services assigned Communication Specialists and Social Media Relationship Manager.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or a related field
- Proficiency with basic computer programs including Microsoft Office, social media tools, and media applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to think quickly and stay on message
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills, with the ability to work with a team as well as independently, and to manage and meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills, with experience working collaboratively and creatively
- Seven years of professional experience in media or public relations with a strong network of traditional and news media press contacts
- A knowledge of gaming is highly recommended