|Location||5525 N. MacArthur Blvd., Suite 530, Irving|
|Date Posted||January 11, 2023|
PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR – REAL ESTATE & DEVELOPMENT PRACTICE GROUP
Cooksey Communications, a mid-sized strategic communications firm with nearly 30 years representing Texas’ leading businesses, organizations and governmental entities, seeks a strong Account Supervisor with at least 5 to 7 years of relevant agency or in-house experience and the requisite PR and marketing skills to deliver results for clients served by Cooksey’s Real Estate & Development Practice Group.
For decades, Cooksey has supported leading real estate firms and economic development clients across Texas with an array of strategic communications and marketing needs. Much of our work is centered around media relations, but also includes helping clients with high-impact community engagement programs, executive thought leader positioning, award nominations, marketing materials (digital and print), special event planning and other related needs.
The ideal candidate should be able to draw on at least 5-7 years of relevant communications experience, and ideally should have familiarity with clients such as commercial and residential real estate developers and investors, construction firms and/or economic development agencies.
Our Real Estate & Development Practice Group currently has one Assistant Account Executive and is led by a Vice President/Practice Group Leader. The Account Supervisor would report directly to the Practice Group Leader, who will be responsible for managing the team and ensuring accountability. The Account Supervisor’s primary duties will include media relations strategy and planning, as well as execution of the media relations strategy, plus marketing strategy and planning, development of thought leadership content, and responsibility for being the day-to-day client interface on several key accounts.
Applicants should desire a fast-paced agency environment and the opportunity to work chiefly on real estate and development client accounts, while also collaborating with Cooksey’s other practice group (Public Sector and Professional Services) colleagues from time to time, as needed.
The ideal candidate is a “go-getter” who is smart, professional, confident, outgoing and self-motivated, delivering bold, strategic thought and polished work product, with strong attention to detail and an in-depth knowledge of the DFW business, civic and media landscape.
Candidates should take initiative and relish the challenge of monitoring and interpreting news, identifying key influencers, formulating engagement strategies, interfacing directly with community and business leaders, and translating clients’ nuanced messaging into meaningful media and marketing outcomes.
Cooksey has some of the industry’s best clients, as well as a fun, driven team that loves to work together and play together. You will also benefit from our extremely competitive benefits package, unique “Gold Star” program, generous PTO program, hybrid work environment (2 days in-office and 3 days working remotely per week), flexible in-office schedule and collaborative culture.
- Strong communications, media relations (traditional and digital), writing and editing skills
- Marketing savvy and ability to learn new PR/marketing skills in traditional and digital realms
- Ability to juggle multiple clients and manage a rapidly evolving array of issues on a daily basis
- Capable of working with minimal oversight, yet also seeks opportunities to collaborate
- Skilled at both big-picture strategic thinking and attention to critical detail
- Fearless when pitching media and interfacing with business executives, elected officials and community influencers
- Knowledgeable of and connected to DFW/Texas media and/or industry trade publications, civic groups, business leaders and/or local government officials
- Enjoys being part of a close-knit, collegial team that works hard while having lots of fun
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree in English, Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or a related field, with a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a PR/marketing agency and/or corporate in-house
DETAILED JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Media relations strategy and planning, as well as execution of the media relations strategy
- Marketing strategy and planning, as well as execution of the marketing strategy
- Day-to-day client interfacing on approximately 4-5 key accounts, chiefly in the real estate and/or economic development sector
- Lead client calls and meetings to brainstorm ideas and/or report on ongoing activity
- Consult with clients to drive PR and marketing strategy, including assistance with crises
- Develop full range of materials including strategic communications plans, press releases, bylined articles, executive/spokesperson remarks and presentations, award nominations, advertising/marketing material content, client correspondence and reports, including managing projects collaboratively with Cooksey’s in-house Creative Department
- Consistently secure high-value coverage and build long-lasting relationships with media
- Utilize good judgment in all work and activities
- Demonstrate initiative, drive and confidence without arrogance
- Please submit cover letter (including salary requirements), resume and representative writing samples to Todd.Hummel@Cookseypr.com.