|Date Posted||July 13, 2021|
Cooksey Communications, a mid-sized strategic communications firm with over 25 years of representing Texas’ leading businesses, organizations and governmental entities, seeks an exceptional Public Relations Account Supervisor with at least 5 to 7 years of relevant agency or in-house experience and the skills to confidently develop and execute the full range of PR and marketing strategies and tactics.
The successful candidate desires a fast-paced agency environment and the opportunity to work with several of our clients in sectors such as professional and financial services, commercial real estate, municipal government, economic development and public events. He or she is a “go-getter” who is smart, professional, confident, outgoing and self-motivated, delivering bold strategic thought and polished work product including strong writing in various formats.
Cooksey has some of the industry’s best clients, as well as a fun, driven team that loves to work together and play together – in addition to snacking whenever possible. You will also benefit from our extremely competitive benefits package, unique “Gold Star” program, generous PTO program and friendly work environment – including flex time on twice-a-week in-office days, and a 3-day-a-week remote working option.
- Strong communications, media relations (traditional and digital), writing and editing skills
- Marketing savvy and ability to learn new PR/marketing skills in traditional and digital realms
- Ability to juggle multiple clients and manage a rapidly evolving array of issues on a daily basis
- Capable of working with minimal oversight, yet also seeks opportunities to collaborate
- Skilled at both big-picture strategic thinking and attention to critical detail
- Fearless when pitching media and interfacing with business executives, elected officials and community influencers
- Knowledgeable of and connected to regional/industry media, civic groups, business leaders and/or local government officials
- Enjoys being part of a close-knit, collegial team that works hard while having lots of fun
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree in English, Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or a related field, with a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience in a PR or marketing agency and/or corporate in-house
DETAILED JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day-to-day client activities for approximately 3 to 4 key retainer- and/or project-based client accounts, while collaborating with other account team members
- Lead client calls and meetings to brainstorm ideas and/or report on ongoing activity
- Consult with clients to drive PR and marketing strategy, including assistance with crises
- Develop full range of materials including strategic communications plans, press releases, bylined articles, executive/elected official remarks and presentations, award nominations, advertising/marketing material content, client correspondence and reports, including managing projects in collaboration with Cooksey’s in-house Creative Department
- Consistently secure high-value coverage and build long-lasting relationships with media
- Utilize good judgment in all work and activities
- Demonstrate initiative, drive and confidence without arrogance
Please submit cover letter (including salary requirements), resume and representative writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org