|Date Posted||September 11, 2019|
Cooksey Communications, a mid-sized strategic communications firm with a 25-year history of representing Texas’ leading businesses, organizations and governmental entities, seeks an exceptional Account Supervisor with at least 5-7 years of relevant agency or in-house experience and the skills to confidently develop and execute the full range of PR strategies and tactics.
The successful candidate desires a fast-paced agency environment and the opportunity to lead the account teams for our prominent clients, counseling them on an array of complex communications issues. He or she is a “go-getter” who is smart, professional, confident, outgoing and self-motivated, delivering bold, strategic thought and highly polished work product.
Candidates should relish the challenge of monitoring and interpreting the news, identifying key influencers, formulating stakeholder engagement strategies, interfacing directly with community and business leaders, and translating clients’ nuanced messaging into meaningful marketing outcomes.
- Strong communications, media relations (traditional and digital), writing and editing skills
- Ability to juggle multiple clients and a rapidly evolving array of issues on a daily basis
- Effective working with minimal oversight, yet also seeks opportunities to collaborate
- Skilled at both big-picture strategic thinking and attention to critical detail
- Fearless when pitching media and interfacing with business executives, elected officials and community influencers
- Deeply knowledgeable of and connected to Texas media, civic groups, business leaders and/or local government officials
- Enjoys being part of a close-knit, collegial team that works hard while having lots of fun
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree in English, Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or a related field, with a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience in a public relations agency and/or corporate in-house
DETAILED JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day-to-day client activities for several key retainer- and/or project-based client accounts, while supervising the work of and mentoring account team members
- Lead client calls and meetings to brainstorm ideas and/or report on ongoing activity
- Consult with clients on evolving strategic communications issues and needs, including crises
- Develop full range of materials including strategic communications plans, press releases, bylined articles, executive/elected official remarks and presentations, award nominations, advertising/marketing material content, client correspondence and reports, including collaborating with Cooksey’s in-house Creative Department
- Consistently secure high-value coverage and build long-lasting relationships with local, regional and national media
- Utilize good judgment in all work and activities
- Demonstrate initiative, drive and confidence without arrogance
Please submit cover letter (including salary requirements), resume and representative writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org