|Date Posted||October 9, 2020|
Cooksey Communications, a mid-sized strategic communications firm with over 25 years of representing Texas’ leading businesses, organizations and governmental entities, seeks an exceptional Public Relations Account Manager with at least 7-10 years of relevant agency or in-house experience and the skills to confidently develop and execute the full range of PR and marketing strategies and tactics.
The successful candidate desires a fast-paced agency environment and the opportunity to lead account teams for our prominent clients, counseling them on an array of complex communications issues in sectors such as professional and financial services, commercial real estate, municipal government and economic development. He or she is a “go-getter” who is smart, professional, confident, outgoing and self-motivated, delivering bold, strategic thought and highly polished work product.
Candidates should relish the challenge of monitoring and interpreting the news, identifying key influencers, formulating stakeholder engagement strategies, interfacing directly with community and business leaders, and translating clients’ nuanced messaging into meaningful marketing outcomes.
The ideal candidate will also be entrepreneurial, proactively identifying opportunities to improve the Cooksey team and the ways in which we do business, to help us and our clients stay ahead of the curve.
Cooksey has some of the industry’s best clients, as well as a fun, driven team that loves to work together and play together – in addition to snacking whenever possible. You will also benefit from our extremely competitive benefits package, unique “Gold Star” program, generous PTO program and friendly work environment.
- Strong communications, media relations (traditional and digital), writing and editing skills
- Marketing savvy and ability to learn new marketing skills in both traditional and digital realms
- Ability to juggle multiple clients and manage a rapidly evolving array of issues on a daily basis
- Effective working with minimal oversight, yet also seeks opportunities to collaborate
- Skilled at both big-picture strategic thinking and attention to critical detail
- Fearless when pitching media and interfacing with business executives, elected officials and community influencers
- Deeply knowledgeable of and connected to Texas media, civic groups, business leaders and/or local government officials
- Enjoys being part of a close-knit, collegial team that works hard while having lots of fun
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree in English, Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or a related field, with a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in a PR or marketing agency and/or corporate in-house
DETAILED JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day-to-day client activities for several key retainer- and/or project-based client accounts, while supervising the work of and mentoring junior account team members
- Lead client calls and meetings to brainstorm ideas and/or report on ongoing activity
- Consult with clients to drive PR and marketing strategy, including assistance with crises
- Develop full range of materials including strategic communications plans, press releases, bylined articles, executive/elected official remarks and presentations, award nominations, advertising/marketing material content, client correspondence and reports, including managing projects in collaboration with Cooksey’s in-house Creative Department
- Consistently secure high-value coverage and build long-lasting relationships with media
- Utilize good judgment in all work and activities
- Demonstrate initiative, drive and confidence without arrogance
- Please submit cover letter (including salary requirements), resume and representative writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org