Position Function: The PR Communications Coordinator is responsible for presenting and maintaining a positive brand perception of ACH among the media and public at large. The coordinator will assist the marketing team in creating and executing well-planned campaigns designed to generate interest in ACH and/or to protect the agency’s reputation as a leading nonprofit service provider. The coordinator will build strong relationships with the news media, distributing media releases and helping to coordinate interviews. Assists the Director of Marketing and outside counsel (PR agency, consultant, etc.) in planning and preparing crisis communications. Manages internal communications for the agency, including email and the intranet (The Loop). Creates graphic designs to support marketing efforts and to help further a strong presence on social media.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and 1-year relevant experience in building positive relations through various media channels.
Experience Requirements: Experience with working with journalists and news organizations is required. Strong writing and social media skills is required. Experience in brand building and journalism is preferred. Experience with internal communications is required and a knowledge of HR communications is preferred. Must be able to think proactively and consider the big picture in order to develop campaigns that have lasting impact while at the same time be able to respond to urgent issues with well-thought out tactics. Demonstrate outstanding writing, presentation and communication skills. Proven excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork and organizational skills.
Functional Requirements: The PR Communications Coordinator serves as the public relations contact for the agency and respective programs in order to position ACH as the “authority” and “thought leader” in the prevention of child abuse and neglect via all media. Presents self in a professional manner while remaining calm under pressure; trusted to represent ACH well in written communications as well as in person. Must work well with others throughout the agency to obtain and post timely, relevant information that keeps our staff up to date and in the know about employment news as well as general news. Work with HR to strengthen employee morale and overall workplace culture. Must maintain brand standards when creating graphics and overall marketing designs. Attention to detail and strong proofing skills are a must. Must have comprehensive knowledge of a variety of PC applications including Word, PowerPoint, and other MS Office products, as well as Canva. Experience with WordPress and media services such as Meltwater, Cision, or Hootsuite a plus.
Working Conditions: Occasional work on weekends and some evening as necessary.
Exposure to Confidential Information: The PR Communications Coordinator must maintain confidentiality and follow policies related to personnel records and client records.
Represent ACH Child and Family Services in all media channels, including the news media, social media, and in the public arena.
Assist in implementing public relations plans in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and outside PR agency.
Increase public awareness and build consensus across various stakeholder groups via media, social media, and advocacy relations.
Ensure social media platforms are refreshed, relevant and appropriate to the ACH mission and vision.
Create content for social media, including both text and digital images.
Draft, proof and distribute news releases and follow through with key media contacts.
- Create and maintain content calendars for social media and internal communications.
- Seek positive stories and conduct interviews to prepare brief, compelling stories and testimonials.
- Maintain a log of completed stories and update team members when new stories are added.
- Create graphics for marketing projects and donor and employee communications.
- Maintain database of media and other key contacts and build and maintain relationships with key media contacts
- Be the liaison with HR to develop and distribute employee communications.
- Assist the Marketing Director in executing the crisis communications plan as needed.
- Participate in the setting of annual and quarterly goals that drive short-term tactical plans. Primary liaison for implementing and executing these plans.
- Track and report progress toward goals and other success metrics.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to meeting the needs of our stakeholders (children, community members, team members, donors, executive leadership and volunteers), in a friendly, outgoing and professional manner.
- Respond to internal and external stakeholders in a timely and thorough manner; do what is necessary to ensure satisfaction and prioritize stakeholder needs.
- Complete additional projects, duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.