|Date Posted||September 6, 2021|
JOB OPENING: Multimedia Specialist
Who We Are
The Trinity River flows across Texas for hundreds of miles. Providing drinking water to more than 50% of the state's population, the Trinity River is one of the most important waterways in the country. The Trinity River Authority of Texas (TRA) is proud to play an important role in preserving and developing this vital resource for Texans and the generations of Texans to come.
What We're Looking For
The Trinity River Authority is seeking Multimedia Specialist at their General Office. This position is responsible for executing communications and visual strategy. This position provides professional graphic, multimedia and photographic services integrated across a variety of media including print, photography, Web, multimedia, tablets, mobile or other new media. The multimedia specialist works as part of the communications team to support all communications and marketing initiatives, with the goal of increasing audience understanding and support of TRA's overall organizational goals.
What You'll Do
- Provide photography and graphics as needed for TRA collateral materials. Develop and design posters, flyers, templates infographics, etc.
- Provide technical/graphic support to executive leadership team when preparing materials for board of directors and customer advisory committees.
- Manage, coordinate and develop material and content for appropriate electronic media - Web, intranet, mobile, social media platforms, etc. Layout and produce TRA's newsletter.
- Support on-site/event-based multimedia initiatives, i.e., video or photography at trade shows or events, videotaping of interviews, news conferences, etc.
- Optimize SEO and related research/reporting.
- Optimize TRA's presence with stakeholder audiences across all reasonable and available electronic platforms.
- Develop and produce animations and motion graphics as needed.
- Recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of digital and/or multimedia projects. Design, create and present materials for different audience segments applying appropriate written, verbal and visual skills.
- Assist with other communications and marketing initiatives as needed; help with special events as appropriate.
- Responsible for submitting expense statements, recommending items for inclusion in overall departmental budget; obtaining appropriate production estimates, establishing budgets for outside production services. Provide setup of PCS, laptops, projectors, video cameras, sound systems, tablets, etc.
Minimum Requirements To Be Successful in This Role
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in digital/graphic arts-related field or similar course of study.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have two to three years relevant work experience, or comparable combination of education and experience including published media work.
- Must be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite CS5 or 6 and have experience with Microsoft Power Point, digital online layout, animation skills, web graphics, and direct marketing software.
- Must demonstrate the ability to share new ideas and accept feedback on work, along with demonstrated organizational skills and the willingness/ability to collaborate.
- Must have basic mathematical skill is needed to address budget and expense tasks.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Integrity in all things
- Service and performance excellence
- Accountability to the public, customers and to each other
Our Competitive Benefits Package
- Medical insurance, prescription drug plan, dental plan, vision coverage, Discount Card Program, Life Insurance plans, HSA, FSA and other supplemental insurance plans
- Paid Time-Off (starts after completing initial pay period)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement (100%)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- 12% Employer 401a Pension Contribution (no matching
- Deferred Compensation (457b)
- Career Coaching/Development, Career Progressions
- Mentor/Mentee Program
- Leadership, Supervisor/Manager, Staff Academies
- Tenure Recognition Awards
- Safety Culture Awards
- Employee Appreciation Events
Click Here to Apply
Please contact Jenna Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.