|Date Posted||February 12, 2020|
Do you check the headlines on your newsfeed before you’ve had even a sip of your morning coffee? Do you love working at the speed of real-time to spot and influence trends before they become news?
Golin Dallas is hiring a tech-savvy Media Relations Manager to drive media strategy and execution that keeps our clients relevant with top media. You’ll build strong media relationships with a variety of B2B technology media outlets and always be on the lookout for opportunities that lead to coverage. You’ll transform new product announcements and industry trends into compelling stories and craft interesting content that goes beyond the mundane press release. You’ll engage with media across a variety of channels, including social media, email and, yes, even a phone call or two. We are looking for someone with the ability to think as a storyteller across platforms in real time.
Who We Are:
Golin is a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Sound like you want to “Go All In” with us? Here are the details:
- Support day-to-day media relations responsibilities for a prominent international technology brand. This includes developing earned media strategies for campaigns, thought leadership programs and real-time news events that lead to ongoing, positive brand mentions.
- Establish and maintain relationships with media, industry analysts and online influencers, and guide the client’s messaging to resonate with these different audiences. Effectively engage with these contacts across multiple channels, including email, social media and phone.
- Engage with clients and agency partners on a regular basis to create innovative PR programs that help shine a positive light on the client and brand, in addition to reaching new audiences who are receptive to the client’s products.
- Stay ahead of media by identifying emerging technology trends that can create story opportunities relevant to the client’s brand.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams across multiple disciplines to successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges.
- Have a curiosity for analytics. Have the ability to turn a few pieces of data into actionable insights to influence our client’s messaging and media outreach strategy.
What You Have:
You will have a bachelor’s degree and 4-5 years of professional experience with an understanding of B2B or technology media relations. Additional qualifications include:
- Strong writing, editing and outreach skills are necessary. Not afraid of the ‘cold call’ to establish new relationships.
- Understanding of earned media strategy and experience creating media plans.
- Proven experience working with media and influencers and a strong portfolio of story placements; a passion for building relationships with anyone from an engineering website editor to the most influential names at well-known consumer tech outlets.
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills are a must, along with the ability meet deadlines, juggle multiple tasks, and handle fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and superior client service skills.
- Be proactive and highly motivated; demonstrate the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, but as part of a team.
- Be detail oriented with an ability to focus on the larger picture.
- Ability to work on multiple programs at once under tight deadlines.
- Provide sound counsel and be comfortable providing editorial and response recommendations to clients.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and client teams at all levels.
- Well-versed in AP style.