|Date Posted||September 2, 2019|
Reunion Tower Marketing Manager
Reunion Tower is a 560 ft (171 m) observation tower and one of the most recognizable landmarks in Dallas, Texas. A visit to Reunion Tower isn’t just about seeing what’s below from hundreds of feet in the air, it’s about expanding your horizons. The GeO-Deck, our indoor/outdoor observation deck with interactive features and a breathtaking, 360-degree view of Dallas has something for everyone – the foodies, the fashionistas, adventure seekers or sightseers.
Location: Dallas, Texas
Reunion Tower is one of the city’s most recognizable landmarks. Attached to the Hyatt Regency Hotel, and adjacent to popular entertainment districts, sports arenas, shopping meccas, business headquarters and the Dallas Convention Center. Reunion Tower is an experience for locals or out of town visitors.
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive, low cost health, dental and vision insurance for you and your family with Domestic Partner eligibility
- Company-sponsored retirement plan-401(k) program
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Discounted Hotel Rates
- Promotional Opportunities
- Rewards & Recognition
- Free Shift Meal
- Free Shift Parking
This position is responsible for marketing strategies executed with exceptional leadership and communication skills. Proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate results. Experienced in strategic marketing planning social media, branding and service/product development. Adept in online and traditional marketing, and skilled in digital and visual communications.
The ideal candidate will come from a guest-focused background and be responsible for developing and leading all marketing activities to increase attendance, revenues and maintain the Reunion Tower brand. This includes strategic thinking and planning to structure, developing and managing the marketing team, as well as conceiving and executing the go-to-market programs that allow the company to capture a growing share of the regional and national attraction marketplace.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Study the objectives, promotional policies and needs of the organization to develop strategic revenue-generating partnerships with the business community to promote revenue generation, brand awareness.
- Negotiate contract terms and develop targeted action plan for all market segments.
- In collaboration with the Senior Sales Manager, identify sales targets and initiatives to increase guest satisfaction.
- Consistently increase sales and attendance through marketing and sales initiatives.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and advertising program that will enhance the company’s image and position within the marketplace and public opinion.
- Prepare and execute strategic marketing plan and comprehensive budget annually.
- Develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Communications and distribution to create, design, produce and distribute all company marketing materials including print publications, video, social media, website and other digital mediums.
- Execute online and offline marketing initiatives, integrating online and new media, email, print, social media, company website, SEM/SEO strategy development and brand awareness.
- Manage the seasonal/promotional campaign process, lead successful execution of promotional campaigns working cross-functionally with all media channels, partners, contractors and internal teams.
- Social media calendar management and some moderation.
- Lead POC for social media and digital advertising agencies (or experience with or managing agency relationships).
- Determine advertising campaigns, buys and creative concepts.
- Manage, maintain, and evolve brand/brand standards for the company website.
- Attend industry events on behalf of RTOC.
- Hands on position with a small team.
- Any other responsibilities as defined by management.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communications and Media — Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Persuasion — Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design
- Management of Personnel Resources — Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Fluency of Ideas — The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
- Speech Recognition — The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Originality — The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Grooming - All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Reunion Tower Operating standards.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to-position.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Sales, Communications or related field.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, sales, communications, branding and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
- Experience and familiarity with email campaigns including platforms, creation and scheduling.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Guest-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism.
- Positive upbeat leader with proven collaboration and motivational abilities.
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills, must display confidence and poise in meeting and dealing with people face-to-face.
- Strong motivation to manage multiple projects at a time and work independently with little to no supervision.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Effective at training, staff development and delegation.
- Proven integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, as well as analytical and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel locally – the position requires some local travel to external partners, and offsite/after-hours meetings and events.
- Flexible schedule in order to accommodate events, activations, promotions, deadlines and other demands of the business.
- 5-7 years in marketing roles with increasing responsibility, hospitality/attractions industry a plus.
- 3 years in social media, marketing or digital marketing experience or digital agency experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
- Ability to obtain Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) and/or Tourism Masterclass certification.
- Able to gain CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Ability to become TABC certified.
- Valid driver’s license.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm