|Date Posted||May 28, 2021|
About TWU: For 120 years, Texas Woman’s University has pioneered new opportunities for women. As the largest university in the nation primarily for women, and recently named the nation’s first woman-focused university system, TWU transforms lives, cultivates leaders and inspires excellence in an inclusive, diverse environment. Co-ed since 1994, the university is committed to producing leaders in business, health, education, science, the arts and public service. TWU has three campuses: the flagship in Denton, and health science centers in Dallas and Houston. This position would be located on the Denton campus. Learn more about TWU at https://twu.edu/
Job Description: Directs social media strategies across all three campuses and ensures all social media communication and digital marketing initiatives reflect and address the university’s goals and mission. The position will serve as the university’s social media communication lead during a crisis or emergency situation. Monitors university news, higher education issues and trends, and current affairs to keep university audiences informed and ensure conversation accuracy and consistent messaging. Keeps apprised of national higher ed best practices and innovative approaches in social media as well as changing platform functions and standards. Work is performed under general supervision, with an emphasis on independent performance, and performance is based upon completion of assignments and results obtained. The performance evaluation is conducted through the performance evaluation system and in accordance with the University Policies & Procedures. Texas Woman’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Disabled, Veterans and Other Protected Groups.
Open until filled. To apply, visit: https://careers.twu.edu
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communications, or a closely related field of study. Master’s preferred.
Experience: Five years’ experience in news or media relations or news media setting, including writing, editing, analytics, media relations planning, social media management and analysis.
- Directs social media strategy and tactics in informative ways that encourage engagement from various audiences, while aligning posts and responses with the university's strategic plan.
- Serves as voice of university in response to comments on social media channels and directs all social media communications across all campuses during crisis or emergency situations.
- Strategically plans and analyzes social media communications for Office of the Chancellor and senior administrators, as needed.
- Ensures proactive internal education, coaching and matrix management of social media channels, including monitoring, editing and approval of social media content across all 3 campuses.
- Monitors university news, higher education issues and trends, and current affairs to keep university audiences informed and to ensure conversation accuracy and consistent messaging.
- Keeps apprised of national higher ed best practices and innovative approaches in social media as well as changing platform functions and standards.
- Develops ancillary op-eds and columns in traditional media outlets that integrate with and leverage, social media communications.
- Identifies, develops and implements social media and new media tactics related to viral social networking to advance TWU's goals and objectives.
- Acts as the junior media relations representative, including news release development and distribution, pitching of stories to news media outlets and other related activities as necessary.
- Writes articles for the TWU website, e-newsletter and other publications.
- Assists in ongoing media/social media analysis and prepares regular media clipping reports and "In the Headlines" e-newsletter.
- Monitors accuracy and functionality of online media distribution lists and media contact database and clipping services by serving as primary contact with vendor partners to ensure university needs are met.
- Performs other duties as requested.
It is the policy of Texas Woman's University to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, veteran's status, disability or genetic information.