|Date Posted||July 10, 2019|
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Affairs/Corporate Spokesperson in the corporate affairs department, the Media Relations Manager is responsible for the development of plans and strategy to communicate, through interaction with news media and others, corporate positioning on government, regulatory, legislative, and other public policy issues. This interaction includes verbal and written response, interviews, and input on other communications. This position coordinates with peers within the department and subject matter experts across the businesses to ensure communications are accurate, informative, and ultimately supportive of broad corporate initiatives. This position has high visibility publicly as a company spokesperson and has frequent interaction with company executives. Will also represent the company in the community, as needed.
- Serve as a company spokesperson and/or manage interviews with executives and subject matter experts.
- Develop a wide range of external and internal communications materials, including news releases, communications plans, key messages/talking points, video scripts and more.
- Develop and execute strategies to communicate the company’s position on a broad range of topics. Develop information, write positions, and deliver information for the media and internal audiences on behalf of the company.
- Execute media response and internal communications in crisis communications situations.
- Coordinate communications projects with limited supervision.
- Propose communications strategies and tactics and work directly within other departments and executives to accomplish tasks.
- Assist with content management and development for external websites; actively support content of company’s intranet/Workplace to ensure information is timely and of high quality.
- Conduct some proactive media outreach as needed.
- Research and analyze communications-related data, such as media coverage.
- Write materials in strict adherence to company style and Associated Press Stylebook.
- Maintain a working understanding of current events along with industry news and trends.
- Support other Corporate Affairs functions – internal and community relations – as needed.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in communications, journalism, or related degree
- Eight to 10 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task projects
- Strong knowledge and awareness of corporate communications and news media
- Knowledge of energy industry and/or competitive businesses preferred