|Date Posted||December 31, 2019|
Rooted in the guiding principles of President George W. Bush and Mrs. Laura Bush, the George W. Bush Presidential Center engages communities in the United States and around the world by cultivating leaders and advancing policies to solve today’s most pressing challenges. The Bush Center is home to the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, which is operated by the National Archives and Records Administration, and the George W. Bush Institute, the non-partisan, public-policy arm of the Bush Center. The Bush Center is located on the campus of SMU in Dallas, Texas, and also includes a 15-acre park, a full-service restaurant, Café 43, and a museum store.
Housed within the George W. Bush Presidential Center, the George W. Bush Institute is an action-oriented, nonpartisan policy organization with the mission of cultivating leaders and advancing policies to solve today’s most pressing challenges. It raises current and thought-provoking issues and builds programs to address the challenges facing our nation and our world. The work of the Bush Institute is inspired by the principles that guided the Bushes in public life: education is the foundation of a successful life; freedom is a universal human desire; free enterprise is the engine of economic prosperity; and every human life is precious.
The Manager of Digital Content and Production will be responsible for analyzing the George W. Bush Presidential Center’s platforms, setting goals, as well as developing and implementing a strategy that extends the reach of the organization’s thought leadership. Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Alongside editorial and communications team:
- design and execute a content strategy, and
- produce packaging and publishing content that extends the reach of the organization’s thought leadership, specifically the work of the George W. Bush Institute.
- Generate meaningful content that garners a high volume of visits, drives awareness, and when appropriate, makes content more accessible. This include interactive elements to written content, video interviews and explainers, podcasts, or other interactive experiences.
- Evaluate and report the effectiveness of the Bush Institute’s digital presence, and adjust plans accordingly.
- Remain on top of trends in digital media that can be applied to the Bush Center and enhance the effectiveness of our content among target audiences.
- Manage workflow, budgeting, calendar, and execution.
- Complete other duties as assigned or necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The qualified candidate will possess (a/an):
- Bachelor's Degree in computer systems, graphic design, or related field.
- Five years of digital design and website management experience.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Training in the use of video editing and production equipment.
- Proficiency with content management systems, CSS and HTML.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of the Bush Center.
Additionally, the qualified candidate will:
- Be a smart, energetic, self-starter and team player.
- Possess experience in communicating policy work to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a strategic thinker and creative marketer.
- Retain the ability to work on cross-functional teams in both leadership and member roles.
- Operate as a calculated risk taker.
- Evidence an exceptionally strong attention to detail.
- Be able to maintain regular, dependable attendance at the office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit stationary at a desk and use computer equipment.
Please visit www.bushcenter.org and click on "employment" at the very bottom of the homepage to be redirected to our employment website. From there, candidates may submit an online application to any open positions.
Position: Manager, Digital Content and Production
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Deputy Director, External Affairs
Department: External Affairs