|Date Posted||January 7, 2020|
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
We are looking for an energized leader to manage communications activities supporting our internal corporate functions, which could include Human Resources, Information Technology, Finance, Legal and more. We want a seasoned communicator who understands the nuances of a complex and industrial business, and knows how to tell stories that connect our employees.
If you’re not frightened by a fast pace and a high bar for excellence, show us what you can do. The successful candidate will have a strong record of developing comprehensive communications strategies that engage and inspire internal audiences.
- Attend and engage in leadership meetings across the enterprise, including officer and senior leadership meetings
- Provide strategic counsel and guidance to department and company senior leaders on the company’s communications activities in support of corporate and departmental objectives
- Must be able to develop and maintain good rapport with associates at every level of the organization, including senior leaders, team members within Corporate Communications, etc.
- Must meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining strong levels of customer satisfaction
- Excellent ability to prioritize many tasks and handle high workloads as necessary, and delegate to team members as needed
- Ability to establish direction, mentor and provide constructive feedback to develop team members to be future leaders and high performers
- Results-oriented with the proven ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Proactively and continuously focus on process and quality improvement
- Must exercise sound business judgment and handle confidential information with sensitivity
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion
- Previous experience leading and managing strategic and/or complex communication plans
- Excellent writing and editing skills required, as well as a solid understanding of how to write in AP style
- Excellent problem-solving, and a keen attention to detail and accuracy, even while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in an international and/or global work environment is preferred
- Experience in managing vendor and third-party relationships, as well as the ability to manage budget is required
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook and SharePoint
- 7+ years of Corporate Communications, Marketing or Public Relations agency experience
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism or related field