|Date Posted||November 13, 2023|
Halff is seeking an innovative and creative communications professional who is passionate about company culture and excellence in their work to lead the internal communications efforts of our firm. The internal communications manager will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive internal communication strategies to foster a positive and informed workplace culture. This role plays a crucial part in connecting employees with the company's purpose and culture and oversees the Internal Communications team in the day-to-day performance of their roles.
- Develop team members in their professional goals.
- Manage team workload.
- Develop and implement internal communication strategies as part of employee experience to keep employees informed and engaged with company news, initiatives and culture.
- Develop compelling, creative and relevant content using multiple media for various internal communication channels and publications.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Leadership Team on firm-wide communications that demonstrate transparency and build trust.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other Communications teams (external, PR and creatives) and various departments, including HR, IT, Accounting and Finance, Marketing and production teams to ensure consistent and coordinated communication efforts.
- Field and manage the workflow of various department projects.
- Manage and strive for continuous improvement of the company’s internal communications channels, including intranet.
- Maintain the company editorial calendar.
- Help plan and execute initiatives that promote employee engagement.
- Ensure editorial and graphic brand consistency across all communications.
- Monitor industry trends and communications best practices.
- Servant-leader leadership style.
- Knowledge and use of SharePoint.
- Knowledge and use of AP style.
- Extensive internal communications knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, writing and editing skills.
- Excellent skills in managing internal communication projects and events.
- Effective problem-solving skills, including in crisis communication scenarios.
- Ability to create clear, concise written content for various platforms.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop and implement communication strategies aligned with corporate objectives.
- Ability to think creatively and generate innovative multi-media communication ideas.
Education, Experience and Licensure: (Minimum qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in corporate communications with 2+ years of experience as a people leader.
- Experience within the engineering or consulting industry preferred.