|Location||2300 Valley View Ln, Ste 370, Irving|
|Date Posted||June 10, 2021|
Baitulmaal offers a cooperative workplace focused on quality, innovation, and growth. We look for people who share our values of integrity, creativity, and excellence. Complete the form below to apply for the position you would like to fill.
Baitulmaal Inc. is a 501(c)3 charity that serves as a conduit between the compassion of our donors and the needs of our beneficiaries. We are growing and looking for the right candidate to join our amazing team!
Baitulmaal is seeking a Graphic Designer/Visual Media Asset Coordinator who creates and coordinates the creation of all visual communications as well as visual elements of the charity’s communications. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly “get it” and then “get it done” while following the organization’s brand guidelines in support of its charitable mission.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and edit web pages, brochures, printed banners, advertisements, annual reports, and other visual communication materials.
- Design and edit templates for event promotion collateral like postcard fliers, posters, emails, and event web pages.
- Design and edit infographics, graphs, charts, and other visuals to communicate concepts
- Review, sort, manage and edit photos received from field operations.
- Review, sort, manage and coordinate the editing of videos received from field operations. The ability to make minor edits to videos is a plus.
- Coordinate with field photographers and videographers to ensure media produced meets the organization’s standards of quality
- Work with printers to order and review final productions for errors and ensure that final prints meet specifications and are error-free.
Skills & Competencies
- Technical skills: Competent with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign and Photoshop. Must use the correct tool for the job (PhotoShop to edit photos; InDesign to design brochures, annual reports, posters, fundraising letters, envelopes, and other print material; Illustrator to create and edit illustrations; Spark to create and edit social posts; etc.).
- Print and digital skills: Appreciate the importance of and understanding the difference between file size and file dimensions and the role these specifications play in different aspects of visual communication.
- Brand design skills: Possess a firm understanding of typography, color theory, and other elements of design. Design visual communications within brand guidelines.
- Teamwork: A team player comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
- Time management and organizational skills: Meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Project-oriented self-starter: Must be able to “get it” and “get it done” while working with minimum supervision.
- Language Skills: Must have excellent two-way communications skills, written and verbal. Although not required, familiarity with Arabic is a plus.
To apply, please complete the form linked below and include a link to your online graphic design portfolio. Applications without a graphic design portfolio will not be considered.