|Date Posted||May 17, 2019|
Non-Profit Development / Fund Raising
Event Coordinator – Central Services - Dallas, TX
Catholic Charities Dallas is looking for an Event Coordinator to join our team. You will be working with the development team and supporting our development initiatives.
This pivotal development position is responsible for conceptualizing, planning, organizing and coordination of all special events and maintaining the highest level of customer service and cultivation strategy for all events.
You will negotiate with vendors for the best price, quality and timeliness in meeting budget goals for events and development initiatives.
You will support fundraising strategies and methods or activities to ensure proper acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship of event donors.
- Bachelor’s Degree Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience in event planning
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on day of event
- Ability to see the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production
- Ability to oversee multiple projects independently
- Working knowledge of the Dallas philanthropic community a plus
- Strong understanding of marketing concepts, practices, and procedures
- Strong sense of urgency and customer service skills
- Superior computer skills: in Microsoft Office Suites. Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Proven organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and produce high quality results quickly
- Collaborative style that fosters workplace excellence and mutual staff support
- Highly motivated; able to work independently and as part of a team and with energy, optimism and persistence
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Catholic Charities Dallas offers a variety of benefits to our staff including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our employees can participate in a retirement plan with an employer contribution after one year of employment. Paid Time Off (PTO) allows employees the flexibility to take time off as needed and we have a generous holiday schedule. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with an hourly rate of $24.00 to $26.00 per hour, based on skills and experience.
For consideration, all applicants must apply and submit their resume and cover letter via email to careersatccdallas.org.
About Catholic Charities Dallas
Catholic Charities Dallas (CCD) was formally established in 1941 and was incorporated from the Diocese of Dallas in 1997. Today CCD helps 30,000 individuals annually achieve stability and self-sufficiency through financial literacy, employment services, education, food programs, immigration legal services, refugee resettlement, disaster services, and permanent supportive housing.
Catholic Charities is comprised of more than 17 individual programs that serve 9 counties. The strengths of each of our programs are as diverse as the populations we serve, but our belief in the need to provide dignity to those in our community who are often overlooked remains the same.
Motivated by the love and teachings of Jesus Christ, Catholic Charities of Dallas serves, advocates for and empowers people in need regardless of race, religion, age, gender or nationality, and calls the community to action.
For the nine-county community we serve, Catholic Charities Dallas will be the leading non-profit social services agency that facilitates and walks with the most vulnerable on their journey toward health, hope and a better life.
Service – giving of ourselves and welcoming all
Compassion – treating all with empathy, care and consideration
Integrity – doing what is just, honest, and merciful
Respect – acknowledging the dignity and worth of every person
Commitment – giving attention, energy, and passion to all we do