|Date Posted||January 7, 2020|
Non-Profit Development / Fund Raising
Presbyterian Night Shelter is known for serving the homeless in greatest need: those who have no other places to go. Those who present the greatest challenge to our community are welcome here. As the largest homeless shelter in Tarrant County, we serve approximately 1,000 men, women and children each night.
Presbyterian Night Shelter staff members strive with mutual respect and compassion to serve with integrity, taking responsibility for our actions to foster hope in the journey from homeless
The Director of Development is responsible for annual fund financial support by identifying, cultivating and soliciting individuals, foundations, and others as assigned. This position manages midlevel and monthly giving programs, foundation grant writing and special asks. Constituencies include individuals, foundations, corporations, and faith based organizations. This position works closely with Vice President of Resource Development as well as the rest of the development team on annual fund programs including mail solicitation, grants management and special events.
- Manages a portfolio of donors and donor prospects for solicitation of annual fund and special gifts, recording all contact with prospects in donor database.
- Seeks to identify new funding sources and annual giving opportunities by developing new relationships in Fort Worth and Tarrant County.
- Advances existing relationships toward increased and monthly annual giving.
- Steward existing donors through personal visits and communications, documenting strategy, activities and updates.
- Manages gift acknowledgments, grant tracking and reporting.
- Maintains the schedule of grant cycles, including visits, submission, reporting and proposal review dates.
- Tracks grants in database and prepares and submit grant reports as requested.
- Writes proposals for funding and creates progress reports specific to funding guidelines.
- Supervises the planning and implementation of the Worth Honoring annual fundraising event.
- Prepare regular reports and evaluations, providing consistent and timely communication to organizational leadership on next steps, strategies and proposals for all prospects.
- Establish a team effort in fundraising to the benefit of the organization.
- Document and maintain accurate records in donor database in a timely manner.
- Represents Presbyterian Night Shelter, as directed, at community events and leads tours of facilities to prospects and donors.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising preferably with a proven track record of grant writing and annual campaign solicitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with donors and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the donor perspective is a driving force behind gifting decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal communication skills. Strong persuasive speaker.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task and complete numerous projects simultaneously, meet deadlines with attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or other donor databases.
- Ability to monitor and meet income goals
- Ability to embrace and affirm the mission of the Presbyterian Night Shelter.
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits, if interested in this position please send your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements by e-mail to email@example.com Inquiries without salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls please. Presbyterian Night Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer