|Location||9800 Preston Road, Dallas|
|Date Posted||December 23, 2021|
Purpose: To serve the church by creating, coordinating, implementing, and overseeing effective internal and external communications for the church.
Accountability: The Director of Communications shall be directly responsible to the Senior Pastor and the Staff Committee. The Senior Pastor will review the performance of the Director of Communications in accordance with procedures established by the Staff Committee.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee a master communications plan for the church (including a communications calendar) in consultation with staff and key volunteers. Responsible for all design and branding for church - this includes designing printed materials, social media graphics, layout, and printing of bulletins and all church publications. Oversee and prepare communications (printed and electronic) to the congregation and community:
- Recommend and coordinate strategic communication practices.
- Provide guidance to staff and volunteer leaders in the design and production of printed media, such as brochures and reports for the congregation.
- Collect information from ministry groups and volunteers to create weekly emails to the congregation.
- Provide pre-production review and approval for all major communication channels including, but not limited to, website, blast emails, print publications, signage, media, and video.
- Provide oversight of content and creative concepts for web-based communications, working in concert with appropriate committees, staff, and vendors.
- Work with church members to develop communication plans around events or initiatives.
- Serve as primary church contact for external media.
- Maintain all official social media accounts run by the church, and oversee specific private accounts (PHPC Youth, PHPC Young Adults) that are run by ministry leaders.
- Maintain PHPC website.
- Supervise the work of the communications staff.
- Maintain office hours as directed by the Senior Pastor. Attend weekly staff meetings, planning meetings, calendar and event coordination meetings, and fellowship gatherings.
- Directly supervise the Associate Director for Media and Digital Strategies.
- Execute other requests made by the Senior Pastor or appropriate elected leadership of the church.
The above-noted position description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that are assigned, but rather to give the individual a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. Essential functions will change as the nature of business demands change.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Serves the Goals of the Church: Works to accomplish the overall goals of the church within the scope of this position.
- Communication/Hospitality: Communicates effectively and professionally (both verbally and written) with all members, guests, and staff. /Generates a sense of hospitality by his/her very presence; communicates a sense of availability, warmth, openness, and approachability.
- Interpersonal Skills: Establishes good working relationships; works well with people at all levels; considers the impact of his/her actions on others; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; avoids communication triangles.
- Computer knowledge (PC and Mac-based systems) and advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite 6 (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, and Premiere)
- Highly proficient in Adobe CS - including InDesign and Illustrator, specifically
- Basic video editing skills, including trimming sermons for audio and video, short promotional videos, and graphics
- Knowledge of Mailchimp or similar email program
- Knowledge of basic CMS - ability to update website
- Understanding of print and web design
- Bachelor’s Degree: Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Three years’ experience coordinating communications (providing strategic direction for print, broadcast, signage, internal/external communications, video, and web)
Salary is commensurate with experience $85,000-$100,000
For more information contact email email@example.com