|Date Posted||December 22, 2021|
Dallas-based PR and social media marketing agency seeks strategic, driven and creative account director for nationally recognized “no-jerks” culture. Located in the Design District, the award-winning, nationally ranked agency serves national, regional and local food, restaurant, retail, franchise and lifestyle brands.
Candidate will serve as a leader in the company, strategy development for several clients at a time, exhibits strong communication skills and the ability to manage and motivate the account team with programs designed for retention, deep understanding of all facets of PR, social media, crisis communications and media relations.
A director is seen as the key or one of the key strategic minds at the agency by the client and advises clients regarding brand or crisis communications. Active pursuit of new business opportunities is strongly encouraged, and candidate should be able to lead the new business process from scouting and RFP process to proposal development and presentation. Directors serve as mentors to all SPM team members, set high standards by example, and manage workload and employee growth plans for account teams.
Directors are also key to promoting our people-first culture. Our diversity, equity and inclusion work is fundamental to that, and we strive to create a working environment that is inclusive, safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions.
We believe that everyone’s voice matters, which is why our DE&I work is shared across the agency to better support change, awareness, opportunity and inclusion within and outside of SPM.
We also value people over profit, which includes the wellness of our teammates and clients who are respectful partners to our team. We are driven by providing education and opportunity via our annual programs like mock interviews and SPM intensives and to continue our work to educate our clients.
The requirements to be an account director at SPM Communications are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations or a related field from a four-year accredited college or university
- Minimum of 10 years’ PR experience, with at least three years of people and project management experience
- Agency experience and background in retail, restaurant or food PR
- Proficiency in crisis communications
- Deep understanding of client industries, competitors and all facets of PR
- Proven ability to effectively lead and direct staff in a competitive, high-energy environment and industry
- Decision-making abilities on budget development and allocation, resource expenditure and account service procedures
- Long-standing and strong relationships with key national, local and trade media
- Solid social media knowledge and relevant applications for clients
Reports to: President, Senior Vice President
Please send resumes to Loren Rutledge at firstname.lastname@example.org.