|Date Posted||January 5, 2023|
The Digital Storyteller/Communications Coordinator is part of the dynamic Communications department. We are committed to working hard, having fun, and developing each team member individually to give them the keys to a successful career with our organization.
As a key member of this team you will be responsible for supporting the development, protection and enhancement of the brand by creating an emotional connection with our audience through the development of compelling stories. You will be responsible for capturing and sharing the organizations stories, services and resources by creating communications content that generates interest and engagement among citizens and customers via social media, photography and videography.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate 3-8+ years of experience in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Public Relations. Ideally a confident and creative candidate with relevant industry experience who can think strategically as well as deliver exceptional tactical execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes writing skills to take content submitted by subject matter experts and create compelling copy that drives audiences to engage with our organization, writing will also contribute to department features on website.
- Filming video on set and on location, set-up and take down, cameras, microphones, lighting, backdrops etc.
- Collect and edit footage to produce videos for various projects on different platforms by adding graphics, closed captioning and special effects. Projects may include: success stories, outreach, promotional, training, annual awards, event wrap up, etc.
- Serve on the Special Events team, assisting the organization with implementing meetings and events while capturing video and photos when appropriate.
- Produce live video content at events, such as job fairs and hiring events.
- Collect and maintain photographic images for organization archives. This may require attending relevant meetings and conferences; shooting photographs for the department publications; traveling off-site to shoot photographs for events and other activities.
- Assist with collecting and writing submissions for the Executive Directors E-Newsletter, Special Reports, Awards, Annual Reports etc.
- In collaboration with others in the department will execute social media strategies and content to ensure best practices in communication are being administered and align with the intended message and brand, will also assist with content monitoring.
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed.
- Performs regular Workforce Center visits as Brand Ambassador.
No day-to-day supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Teams and SharePoint
- Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Proficiency with MAC OS is highly preferred
- Advance storytelling experience required
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit clear, engaging and grammatically correct content
- Strong photography and videography skills
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable, with ability to travel to Workforce Centers in Tarrant County.
- Creative thinker and team player
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or a related field or three or more years experience in Graphic Design or Videography may be substituted for education. Language Ability
Bilingual in Spanish and English; proficiency in written and oral Spanish; multiple languages a plus
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages to practical situations
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- Working knowledge with MAC OS and Microsoft products
- Experience with WordPress content management platform a plus
Certificates and Licenses
Individual performs duties in a hybrid setting, attends in person meetings and events.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. This position will also require occasional event set-up for example i.e. moving tables and chairs, setting up table dressings, more than normal walking at event locations and possible early morning set-ups.
How to Apply
Please see included job description for details, requirements, and job duties. Link to the posting on our website: https://workforcesolutions.net/our-careers/
- Please email resume and portfolio link to HR Manager at email@example.com
- If you prefer to mail your resume, please submit to:
- Careers at Workforce Solutions
- Attn: HR Unit Director
- Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County
- 1320 S. University Dr. Ste 600
- Fort Worth, TX 76107
Closing Date: Monday, January 30, 2023
- Vacation/Sick Leave
Disclaimer: All offers for employment are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a background check.