|Date Posted||June 4, 2019|
VisitDallas is an independent, not-for-profit organization comprised of professionals serving as the sales and marketing arm for Dallas. Our mission is to promote Dallas as the ideal business and leisure destination to the regional, national, and international marketplace, and to favorably impact the Dallas economy through conventions and tourism.
Our efforts have significantly increased awareness of Dallas locally, nationally, and internationally, and have resulted in Dallas being recognized as one of the top convention destinations in the nation and the number one visitor destination in the state of Texas.
The Digital Content Resource Specialist is responsible for producing content across VisitDallas social media channels and acts as the primary social care specialist for the organization, as well as assist the Sr. Manager | Social Media & Special Projects with other projects.
- Explore innovative digital storytelling techniques as the lead content producer for VisitDallas social media channels
- Work with Social Media Manager to execute and analyze social media strategy, including researching, writing and editing content for various social media platforms while maintaining style and voice of the organization
- Manage social listening streams and execute engagement opportunities
- Manage and execute paid social media strategy across multiple paid ads channels
- Track and manage paid social media advertising budget, as well as report on paid social media advertising results
- Work closely with graphic artists for photos and images to accompany content
- Research new stories and revise data and existing stories
- Stay up-to-date on hospitality industry developments and what’s going on around Dallas
- Shoot and edit video content for social campaigns
The position reports to the Sr. Manager | Social Media & Special Projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in video production, marketing, journalism or writing
- Three to five years of experience in writing for marketing and producing web and social media content
- Good working knowledge of Dallas and venues
- Experience with paid social media advertising campaigns
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal, written, phone and computer skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; meet deadlines and be proactive when dealing with content requests
- Flexibility and attention to detail required
- Good editorial judgement
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis on Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and InDesign
- Knowledge and experience using video equipment and editing video
- Good working knowledge of Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, Pinterest Ads, LinkedIn Ads and Snapchat Geofilters
Status: Exempt, Full-time