|Date Posted||September 4, 2019|
Are you skilled at social media strategies that drive customer engagement? Can you unleash the power of your social listening software and consider yourself a guru at maximizing its efficiency? Does the idea of creating a social media voice that is occasionally humorous or irreverent excite you?
Then we want to talk to you!
The Member Communications and Marketing Department at the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) is looking for a Digital Communications Manager for all this and more!
The Digital Communications Manager will lead the production of ACEP’s social media channels in partnership with internal teams, outside vendors and members of the College, and assist in the development and management of multiple member communications.
- Serve as the managing editor and voice of ACEP's member-focused social media channels. Develop the content, set the editorial calendar, and execute content strategy in conjunction with the Director of Member Communications. Monitor the engagement and provide monthly dashboard reports on performance.
- Effectively use social listening software to see trends and issues in the emergency medicine world. Leverage this knowledge into proactive or responsive social media posts. Monitor the budget and ensure payment of invoices.
- Coordinate and manage social media ambassadors for ACEP educational meetings and other high-profile strategic initiatives.
- Produce video projects, including the pre-production work, shooting and editing to project completion. Monitor the industry for best practices, emerging software and other enhancements in both style and technology.
- Advise and be a consultant for staff on video projects; assessing their ability to be created in house or at cost with a partner. Be the main staff contact for any questions about grant, section, chapter or other contingency group's project ideas.
- Develop project plans, negotiate rates, manage budgets, and supervise partner vendors as assigned for social media and video-related projects.
- Develop, write and distribute e-newsletters.
- Assist with the management of the Annual Meeting onsite program production and distribution.
- Contribute to the production of the annual meeting Daily News. Develop story ideas and write articles as needed.
- Serve as a content author on the ACEP website.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Five years related experience with emphasis on managing and writing for social and digital channels, as well as video scripts
- Proficiency with FinalCut Pro, or other video software.
- Proficiency with a web content management system.
- Experience with crisis communications efforts.
A personality that can be respectfully humorous but also serious when necessary is desired, as well as the ability to work under and meet deadlines. Familiarity with issues in emergency medicine and organized medicine is a plus.
We offer competitive salary, paid insurance plans, flextime, retirement plan and more. Forward your resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a tobacco-free work environment.