|Date Posted||July 2, 2019|
Creative Services, News Manager
This is a full-time, year-round position. This candidate would have 3-5 years of experience and have a passion for graphic design and telling compelling stories that reflect a brand through multiple mediums, including digital news and interactive design, as well as a range of collateral and publication, ensuring every project is efficiently managed and delivered on time and on target. This position is defined under collaboration with the Director of Communication for idea generation as well to prioritize the responsibilities of the role.
The successful Creative Services, News Manager will have a BA/BS in liberal arts, English, history, communication, journalism, marketing communication, creative services or related field, or equivalent on-the-job training. Will have a creative eye for layout, perspective, design and typography, with the ability to evaluate. Will live and breathe digital. Will be media savvy, a problem solver; Informed; live online; a trend watcher; nimble and persistent.
- 3-5 years experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Premiere, Adobe Media Encoder, After Effects is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding the current and future social media universe including leading and niche channels (Facebook, YouTube, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit, Flickr, Forums, Twitter, Wikis, blogs, etc.)
- Experience with social media management tools (Buddy Media, Hootsuite, Adobe Social, etc.)
- Knowledge of best practices in online community management and writing for the web
- Knowledge/expertise in video creation and editing
- Comfortable working on both MAC and PC platforms
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage/execute multiple ongoing projects
- Ability to work with a creative team in a collaborative, teamwork environment and also tackle projects on your own
- Ability to take creative direction and go through iterative rounds of revisions to deliver the best work
- Bilingual in Spanish & English, both oral and written a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Collaborate with Director of Communication to develop, design, implement and communicate brand aligned communication/marketing products (e.g. programs, event collateral, admission collateral, flyers, digital assets, etc.) including storyboarding, writing copy, shooting video, etc.
- Design and develop advertising/advertorial content for media outlets including digital (static, dynamic, video, etc.) and print
- Manage the design and content for tri-annual school publication including collaborating with team members and key constituents to develop editorial outline, as well as writing content, working with other school constituents for article/section content, final reviews, managing print/mail, etc.
- Identify and execute campaigns and experiences that generate conversations among media, other online influencers, and families/potential families (customers) to support the School’s communication objectives
- Work closely with key constituents (internal and external) to understand the School’s audiences and how to reach them with creative narratives, messages and campaigns that engage, inform and delight
- Research, write and/or video, and report stories that reflect the vibrant and innovative Parish community
- Establish and maintain relationships with online influencers, interactive communities and other relevant audiences, including key local and national media
- Advise on influencer engagement, including generating ideas for outreach, counsel or ethics, and transparency
- Ensure brand integrity across all projects
- Apply tools and technologies to meet specific needs
- Work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with all members of the Communication team as well as the Advancement team overall
- Measure the impact of campaigns and synthesize insights for future programs
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
The School believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. The School’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment. All Employees are responsible for complying with the School’s equal employment opportunity policy.