|Date Posted||January 10, 2020|
Brinker International, Inc., home of Chili’s® Grill & Bar and Maggiano’s Little Italy®, is looking for an individual with excellent writing and editing chops, attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment to temporarily join our team and support the execution of Chili’s internal communications from March through June 2019 while one of our Team Members is on maternity leave. This role is responsible for translating business priorities to Chili’s Team Members to create content with clear action and the Chili’s culture infused. They will manage the individual communications channels used and helping pull data and metrics to drive content strategy.
You will jump into an exciting opportunity where processes and work flow are established and your primary responsibility is quickly getting up to speed and creating content that helps Chili’s Team Members do their job and move the business forward.
Key Job Functions:
- Support content strategy, consistent messaging and connectivity to brand strategy for internal communication channels (such as weekly newsletter for Chili’s field operations, weekly messages to restaurant leadership, weekly messages to hourly Team Members and quarterly live meetings with senior leadership and the field)
- Craft and edit written materials, talking points, presentations, etc. in support of content strategy
- Lead reporting on content performance and advise team on what’s effective in aligning Chili’s Team Members to business strategy
- Ability to adjust communication plans and content strategy based on the needs of the business
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related field/experience
- 1-2 years related communications experience
- Proven ability to craft and communicate a compelling message/tell a story (with writing samples to show)
- High attention to detail and a creative thinker with proven problem-solving skills
- Team player with a proactive and strong interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines and objectives
- Experience in the restaurant and/or hospitality industry, with restaurant operations preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Adobe Suite and Smartsheet
To be considered for this position, you must take a timed writing test and provide samples of previous work.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and bring to the Brinker cultural beliefs:
- Every Guest Counts: I own the Guest experience to ensure they return.
- Food Perfection: I deliver quality food & beverages on time, the best they can be.
- Be Accountable: I execute on the standards expected of me.
- Play Restaurant: I make it fun for the Guest and team; #ChilisLove
- Brand new lakeside office space with amenities like on-site gym with yoga and bootcamp classes, game room, wellbeing rooms and communal/collaborative spaces
- Work/Life/Fun balance in a casual environment, with company-wide events and celebrations like our annual Chili Cook-Off (St.ChiliHead Day), etc.