|Date Posted||January 23, 2020|
This role is a member of a team responsible for managing global content strategy and elevating the reputation of Texas Instruments as the leading provider of analog and embedded processing semiconductors and solutions, especially for industrial and automotive electronics. The position requires strong writing, editing and storytelling skills, including experience using various forms of written and visual content and earned, owned and paid channels to effectively reach the intended audience. This role plans and develops written content and multimedia, coaches engineering spokespeople and content creators, and edits content by technical subject matter experts. The successful candidate is a collaborative, results-driven team player, who seeks continuous improvement, is adept at managing professional relationships and is able to influence without direct authority.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drive content marketing strategy for specific product categories or market sectors aligned to company and business digital marketing objectives.
- Create and implement worldwide content plans and messaging that align with priority areas and topics.
- Provide communications counsel and develop plans to elevate key TI experts.
- Apply best practices to create, curate, edit, publish, distribute and promote compelling content to attract and engage design engineers, and ultimately convert them to buy TI products and remain loyal customers.
- Make and manage writing assignments with TI authors and writing networks, and help oversee the editorial calendar.
- Manage and edit technical articles and trend stories, such as blog posts.
- Develop compelling messaging and write news releases for major product or technology launches or business initiatives.
- Create stories, including social content, and collaborate with designers on the creation of visual and video content related to TI technologies and reference designs.
- Engage with influencers, including performing the following:
- Drive creative digital strategies to foster relationships with key media and digital influencers.
- Work with the public relations agency to identify, engage and brief key media influencers who cover industry trends.
- Prepare briefing materials and presentations.
- Conduct external research about markets, trends and competitors to ensure our stories are well-positioned in the external context.
- Apply a journalist’s mindset, networking and asking thoughtful questions to discover stories, themes and contributors for new content opportunities that position TI uniquely and engage targeted audiences.
- Use analytics to identify areas of success, opportunity and improvement, and continuously refine communications programs.
- Measure and report program results.
- Collaborate with cross-functional and global teams to plan and execute on optimal ways to target and reach key audiences in order to deliver highly effective communications.
- Manage multiple communications projects simultaneously to drive communications deliverables that meet established deadlines and standards, using effective project management.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of communications experience.
- Proven track record of producing high-quality, measurable, effective communications that align with business objectives.
- Excellent storyteller in written and multimedia content.
- Able to tailor a story to specific audiences, including electrical engineers, business leaders and influencers, in keeping with the company’s brand story and voice.
- Strong communicator, verbally and in writing, including presentation and editing skills.
- Self-starter; proactive work style with a strong work ethic.
- A “can-do” person who is a quick study and creative problem-solver.
- Strong project management and execution skills.
- Collaborative and results-driven team player.
- Strong messaging skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills; able to recommend communication tactics to meet digital marketing and business objectives.
- Able to translate complex information into simple, easy-to-understand language that engages the audience.
- Coachable; intrinsically motivated to achieve excellence, continually grow, and learn new methods and approaches.
- Able to work with people at all levels of the company and influence without authority.
- Understands AP Style; able to learn and apply TI voice, writing standards and guidelines.
- Able to work well across teams in a matrixed environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in the high-tech industry, preferably in a business-to-business environment.
- Experience with, and affinity for, handling highly technical information for an engineering audience, as well as translating the impact of technical advancements for a broader audience.
- Experience with various digital marketing software platforms for calendaring, collaborating and publishing.
- Experience in the semiconductor, industrial or automotive market.
To be considered for this position, please apply here.