|Date Posted||June 15, 2020|
The Community and Public Relations Coordinator will support and assist strategies that create and maintain a positive image for patients and community members. The Coordinator serves as an active member of the Midlothian community, participating on local boards and other committees, and act as a liaison between the community and Methodist Health System. You will be responsible for proactively interacting with the media, including print broadcast and digital, to obtain placement of hospital related news stories and will respond to media request for information quickly. In this role you will also lead community relations efforts by planning and implementing community events that benefit both the health system and the community while supporting the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist Health System.
Your Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in journalism, public relations, marketing or communications
- 2-4 years of experience in public relations, media journalism or equivalent
- A strong grasp of the English language, with excellent writing, spelling, and grammatical skills
- Experience with social media preferred
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Identify, pitch, and secure news stories in accordance with standards set by VP and Director of PR.
- Assist in developing social media posts and blog articles for various MHS social channels.
- Develops and coordinates events and programs for Methodist Midlothian Medical Center and as assigned for Methodist Health System corporate, to include open houses, ground breaking ceremonies, dedications, celebrations, and community health education programs.
- Represents Methodist Health System and Methodist Midlothian as the contact for participation in sponsorships, donations, and community volunteer initiatives; establishes criteria for involvement.
- Serve as liaison between Methodist Midlothian and community groups, leaders, and boards.
- Plans and implements budget for community involvement programs.
- Identifies high impact use of marketing dollars to reach strategically targeted demographics.
- Responsible for monthly variance explanation for catering and community marketing as it relates to the Methodist Midlothian campus.
- Build and maintain key relationships within the hospital and MHS to ensure a current, in depth knowledge of services and key events.
- Communicate professionally and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, to both physicians, executives and laypeople, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Serve as part of PR crisis communications team.
- Writes for internal newsletters and external award nominations.
- Coordinate and oversee onsite volunteer efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.