|Date Posted||July 2, 2019|
Community Engagement Associate Position Description
Trinity Park Conservancy is a nonprofit dedicated to the stewardship of Dallas’ largest public green space, the 10,000 acres of the Trinity River. Believing that the Trinity is the natural gathering place for all Dallas residents, the Conservancy is committed to bringing people together to share their ideas, learn more about the possibilities and habitat of the area, and to assist in making it a more accessible space. Since 2004, the Conservancy has raised more than $115 million in private philanthropy for projects that support the recreational use, economic development, and environmental protection of the River. In 2018, the Conservancy was selected to design, construct and maintain the future Harold Simmons Park in a public-private partnership with the City of Dallas.
Our purpose is fulfilling the promise of the Trinity River as the natural gathering place for Dallas.
The Community Engagement Associate is responsible for overseeing the reputation and visibility of the Conservancy in the communities surrounding the Trinity River Corridor to educate, promote, and engage the influencers and members of these areas. He or she will report to the Director of Communications and Engagement and work closely with other team members to assist in reaching organizational goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities listed below. The duties and responsibilities include the following, though other duties may be assigned.
• Work with the agency hired, as applicable, to assist with the community engagement strategy.
• Assist in developing target audiences and a calendar of events to engage, educate and involve them with the Conservancy in a positive way.
• Track and report on goals and actions to the Conservancy leadership and assist in adapting strategy based on information.
• Create and develop materials and content that are appropriate for the various audiences in support of education and involvement.
• Maintain positive relationships with all local and regional organizations which can support the Conservancy’s goals or which are influential with the communities.
• Assist in positioning the Conservancy as the expert resource for Trinity Corridor information and development.
• Write content needed for various channels including the Annual Report, speeches, brochures, etc.
• Maintain log of inquiries and requests for materials, presentations, etc.
• Act as spokesperson or prepare appropriate spokesperson for any meetings with community and provide all supporting materials needed.
• Coordinates, plans and execute PR and community events, including support for logistical and audio-visual needs.
• Advise and support the Marketing Communications Associate to effectively leverage social platforms and website for audiences.
• Create content for social media platforms and website.
• Experience maintaining non-personal social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube etc.
• Attend board and committee meetings as requested.
• Assist with other communications needs as requested.
• Support events and activities of other team members by attending and helping as needed.
Preferred Background and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Urban Studies or related field, 2-5 year’s experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and written with strong comfort in public speaking and presentations.
• Strong appearance and ability to present well in front of a variety of audiences.
• Ability to adapt style to audience for greater impact and acceptance.
• Desire to be a team player and pitch in wherever needed.
• Comfort in being outdoors in natural habitat as well as at social functions with influential people.
• The desire to be part of an organization that values service, people and the environment.
• Ability to work some nights and weekends.
Compensation and Benefits Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
To Apply Please email interest letter and resume to Trena Lechleitner at firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please reference “2019 Engagement Associate” in the subject line of your email.
Trinity Park Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.