|Location||5489 Blair Rd|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2019|
Non-Profit Development / Fund Raising
General Statement (Summary of duties & responsibilities):
The Community Engagement and Events Specialist is responsible for volunteer stewardship and all special events coordination for Southwest Transplant Alliance and its foundation. The candidate is responsible for the care and cultivation of volunteers including the training, engagement opportunities, communication and appreciation.
Special events research, planning and execution is a critical part of the role. In coordination with the Foundation Executive Director, executes all special events for the organization with a fundraising component. This includes but is not limited to the Charity Golf Tournament, Celebration of Life Event, Outlive Yourself Awards, volunteer appreciation, donor appreciation and more.
Education and Work Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field specific to community engagement and event planning.
- 3-5 years of experience in community engagement and event planning and execution. Demonstrated experience in program development and execution required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required. Must have the ability to compose and edit copy for distribution across multiple communications vehicles. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and to represent the organization publicly.
- Graphic design experience required to develop signs, fliers and related materials.
- Ability to work both in a team setting and independently. Collaborate across a team locally and across the DSA and work with internal and external partners.
- Ability to work successfully with internal and external partners.
- Experience maintaining and executing contracts and working with multiple external vendors a must.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail, organization, multi-tasking and time management.
- Ability to cope with high levels of stress and able to handle a heavy workload.
- Ability to travel in light and commercial aircraft or drive his/her personal auto to meet all job duties and responsibilities. Current Driver’s license required.
Essential Job Functions:
- In partnership with the Foundation Executive Director and the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, develops and executes a successful community engagement and volunteer program.
- Is responsible for the stewardship and care of volunteers creating engagement opportunities, meaningful interactions, opportunities to feel appreciated and ongoing communications.
- Works closely with Multicultural Education Coordinator to provide volunteers when necessary for events under coordinators area of responsibility.
- Supports and develops relationships with volunteers.
- Administrative duties including database maintenance and volunteer portal management.
- Trains all volunteers and completes all pre-volunteer processes necessary.
- Special event execution from start to finish. Including the research, execution and wrap up of events. Works closely with the Foundation Executive Director for alignment on Foundation related events, fundraisers and appreciation activities.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners.
- Develops signage, invitations and related graphics.
- Maintains inventory of t-shirts and other giveaways provided at events.