|Location||1201 E. !3th St.,, Fort Worth|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2021|
Fort Worth Housing Solutions is seeking an experienced Communications Specialist with an expertise in digital communication platforms to join the Marketing and Communications team for the public housing authority in the nation’s 12th largest city. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in corporate communications, journalism or public relations, be a skilled writer and be experienced in social media content development, planning and execution; web publishing platforms such as WordPress; and e-mail marketing platforms.
The Communications Specialist reports to the Communications Manager and supports the Agency's overall communications and marketing strategies. This team member will possess a demonstrated ability to learn and increase job skills and knowledge, and to forge collegial, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships across the Fort Worth Housing Solutions organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Helps plan, create and post messages to the agency's social media channels (primarily Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to regularly populate social media channels with content that advances and lifts up the agency's mission and connects clients with FWHS services and programs.
- Uses subscription media monitoring platforms to identify and share content that supports the work of FWHS.
Assists in developing content for the agency's Client, Stakeholders and Employee e-newsletters and other e-marketing messages intended to promote agency events, services, incentives and other activities.
Assists in increasing and maintaining agency contact lists for e-marketing purposes; update contacts; tag contacts with appropriate constituent labels.
Helps manage the overall content calendar and e-newsletter schedule.
Creates, reviews and publishes content for Fort Worth Housing Solutions websites.
- Helps develop strategies for new web pages and features that advance the agency's mission and serve its clients.
- Helps coordinate website development with third-party service providers.
- Regularly review existing web pages for needed updates
- Monitor and respond to internal requests for web content, new pages and updated features.
- Helps draft content, design, proof and produce a variety of FWHS collateral, from business stationery and promotional products to mailers and reports.
- Supports agency presentations through design and content editing, from PowerPoint to online client training modules.
- Creates visual elements for all aspects of the communications program in formats that support print and digital channels through online design tools, such as Canva.
- Coordinates with freelance designers and contract vendors as directed for graphic design services.
- Supports advertising requests through content development and graphic design, or outsourcing of such services.
- Assists the Communications Manager with crisis communications as needed.
- Backs up the Communications Manager as the secondary team member authorized to distribute emergency messages via the agency’s mass notification system and through its social media channels.
- Monitors external media and social media mentions of the agency during a crisis; reports findings to the Communications Manager.
Photography and Videography:
- Takes digital photos and videos as directed
- Edits images and simple videos with digital tools and software platforms
- Collaborates with contract photographers and videographers to secure images and videos that convey the agency's key messages and achievements.
- Publishes news releases to the websites; promotes agency news across social media channels and through e-marketing tools as directed.
- Fields media inquiries in the absence of the Director of Communications/Communications Manager.
- Assists in maintaining media contact lists.
- Monitors media coverage through the agency’s subscription services.
Helps prepare reports and media clips for FWHS Board of Commissioners meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferably in related field such as Journalism, English, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations or Marketing or related field from an accredited college or university. Five (5) years of professional communications, public relations and/or marketing experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
Employee must possess a valid Texas driver’s license or acquire one within the first 30 days of employment and be eligible for coverage under the Authority’s fleet auto insurance.
All applicants must submit a minimum of five to seven professional communications work samples. Items may include social media campaigns or content, web pages or web content, e-marketing campaigns, writing samples and other collateral material aligned with the job description. Work samples must be submitted with an application and may be emailed to Autumn Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or displayed in a web-based portfolio. Download the required FWHS application here.