|Date Posted||April 22, 2021|
Halff is looking for a communications professional to fill the role of communications specialist for external initiatives. Reporting to the director of PR and Communications, the communications specialist will implement external communications strategies designed to promote brand awareness, highlight the firm’s qualifications, and drive sales and revenue growth.
- Maintain and communicate Halff’s message, brand and story to external audiences.
- Write and edit external marketing collateral for print and digital media, including feature articles, thought leadership articles, press releases, award submittals, bios, announcements and other assignments as they come.
- Work with practice leaders, project managers and others to identify story opportunities.
- Develop and maintain media contact list and relationships.
- Respond to requests for information from media or other sources.
- Manage awards and rankings program.
- Assist in preparation of webinars and seminars.
- Disseminate/post information to various channels including press, website, email and social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, PR or related field
- 5+ years of related experience
- General knowledge of A/E services and previous work with similar firm desired
- Highly creative with excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Ability to quickly gain understanding of technical concepts
- Experience interviewing, researching, writing and editing technical information for general readership
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with diplomacy at all levels of the business
- Knowledgeable of WordPress, third-party email services and social media platforms
- Positive and energetic team player
- Self-starter with sound judgment and high energy who can work with limited to moderate direct supervision
- Work well under tight deadlines and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently