|Date Posted||June 18, 2019|
Want to help companies build their brands, connect with target audiences and communicate unique stories to the market? Interested in joining a company that believes in conscious capitalism and the power of business as a force for good that can impact all stakeholders? And do you see yourself thriving in a fast-paced environment with nice, energetic, smart colleagues? If this sounds like your dream job, we want to see if you’re our next dream team member. Marketwave is an award-winning, top Dallas marketing agency and we’re growing our team.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone who has a service mindset, values a conscious culture built on trust and brings a daily intensity to get the job done. We need a Communications Specialist who has exceptional communications skills, including public relations (social media channels, content development & media relations), marketing (brand positioning, messaging, sales support materials & events) and corporate communications (internal communications and executive visibility). A successful candidate must have the ability to write well, edit, research, work independently and be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
• Work with colleagues to define and implement program and account strategies related to communications initiatives.
• Ability to work independently as well as with team members, manage time effectively and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Consistently demonstrate excellent writing skills with stylistic range to deliver everything from press releases to video scripts to bylined articles.
• Demonstrate an understanding of strategic and tactical communications components, including social media channels and content development (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram), media relations, thought leadership, internal communications and grassroots initiatives.
• Build relationships with local, regional, national and trade media reporters and bloggers to facilitate coverage for clients.
• Craft compelling editorial content, often with the need to transform jargon-rich, complex and technical topics into digestible, relatable copy fit for mainstream audiences; edit content with an eye for detail, clarity and style; work within editorial and content calendars and brand guidelines.
• Build understanding and knowledge of the clients’ business, industries and competition with heavy emphasis on B2B clients including those in healthcare, energy, financial services and commercial real estate industries.
• Conduct tracking and measurement performance of communications activities, including but not limited to coverage reports, Google analytics and insights; working collaboratively with communications team to track and report performance to account managers.
• Keep a pulse on trends in communications methods, channels and strategies and stay informed on best practices that yield results for our clients.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or a related field
2. 3-5 years (including professional internships) of experience in PR or communications; agency experience preferred
Here’s How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please email your resume & cover letter to Kristin Bult at email@example.com or go to marketwave.biz/careers.